Prescription Medications

Are you on prescription medication(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Only intermittently - antibiotics, etc.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Have been in the past - no longer

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Was on the phone with a friend yesterday. Her mother is elderly and on a variety of medications for a variety of health problems. We began a discussion of do you know anyone who isn't on something for something and so on... So, I thought I'd post a survey.

Other than birth control pills, vitamins and over the counter medications, are you on prescription medications?

You can elaborate, if you choose.

I wonder just how wealthy pharmaceutical companies are....

unixpirate

Pitty Party
virgovictoria said:
Was on the phone with a friend yesterday. Her mother is elderly and on a variety of medications for a variety of health problems. We began a discussion of do you know anyone who isn't on something for something and so on... So, I thought I'd post a survey.

Other than birth control pills, vitamins and over the counter medications, are you on prescription medications?

:lol:
I take enough to keep them from locking me up and have to be in by dark.
:peace:

fttrsbeerwench

I make an effort not to take any meds. I try to find other ways to cure my ailments. I was allergic to BC, so I fixed that all together. I take vitamins and a few herbals. If I get sick I look for an alternative remedy for it.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
appyday said:
I take Crantex La (decogestant) and Allegra for my allergies. I aslo get 4 allergy shots a week..

I hear you about allergies! I am not at the shot level, yet. But between allergy meds and inhalers, I am there.

Josimmon

fttrsbeerwench said:
I make an effort not to take any meds. I try to find other ways to cure my ailments. I was allergic to BC, so I fixed that all together. I take vitamins and a few herbals. If I get sick I look for an alternative remedy for it.

I do the same. I don't like how I feel if I am on any kind of meds.

After the recent rash of threads run-a-muck... I'm thinking Vrai is the one who joined dems in the "Have been in the past - no longer" category...:shocking:

G

geminigrl

unixpirate said:
to much :spank: not enough :love: so throwing to many :tantrum went into :shocked: :shrug: got kinky with a :deadhorse ended up on a :shortbus: cause she :oops: blew up the neighbor

j/k GG :lmao: :razz:

You crack me up Unix

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
So far, it appears...

that for every person not on a prescription medication, there is one who is (or has been on one in the past)...

hmm... *scratches her head*....

This still interests me. I hope more people post!

AMP

Jersey attitude.
virgovictoria said:

I try to be drug free at all times. Less side effects to use more meds against. :)

So many people are on something, but I wonder how many see direct to consumer ads (in Reader's Doigest or on TV) and decide their doc just HAS to Rx it for them. Or haw many docs over medicate jsut to be doing something instead of sending patient out empty-handed. Then of course the are the kickbacks.

Whoa - just wait until January 2006, when the Part D benefit goes live!! All heck's gonna break loose.

Pharma companies are my clients, so I hope they continue to make money. :howdy: In their defense, they do take alot of time to recoup R&D costs (it can take 7 years to bring a drug to market, so a drug is not instantly bringing in revenue the minute it gets FDA approval), especially if the drugs is not a blockbuster or is for a limited disease state. I think the overcharging comes when there are me-too drugs lauched into a category where everyone is keeping up with the highest priced drug that was the first out there in its class. Which is why the bottom falls out when something goes generic.

Love the industry, hate the BS. Just my two cents. :crazy: