Leonardtown Baptist Church?

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Background....I was born & raised as a Northern Baptist and went to church up until moving south as a teen. Have had a mix of religions since. I now have a family with kids and would like to try the Baptist church again with my family. Having never been to a Southern Baptist church, I am unsure how the 2 compare (northern vs. southern). And...how does Leonardtown Baptist fit into the mix? Good place for families? Large congregation?

My sister lives in NC and a visit to her church was different to say the least...rock band at the alter, tamborenes & hands flying up in the air...a little shocking to someone who was taught to be humble and quiet in church. I'm trying to avoid the "show" and want to worship with peace & humility - not trying to out-do Britney Spears.

Anyone out there that could provide some insight? Thanks.

MDindef

I'm also southern Baptist, but go to Lexington Park Baptist. I have several friends up there at Leonardtown who enjoy the fellowship there very much. The church at Leonardtown (and my church at Lexington Park) are extremely family-oriented, with programs and activities going from infancy thru kids and youth, as well as adults. If you'd like more information, drop an e-mail my way and I can give you a little more detailed information. I think you'll find that the two (Northern/Southern) compare well, with the SBC being a little more conservative perhaps.

If you have kids, you will be very pleased with the programs at Leonardtown or at Lexington Park.

Bacall

So no - your response wasn't "cool" - just disrespectful on how different people wish to worship the Lord. If I wish to do it quietly, who are you to question how I do it??? If you read my original posting, where did I say anyone was "praising the Lord too loudly?"

I didn't say I was cool, she did. I wasn't questioning how you worship. Your statement
I'm trying to avoid the "show" and want to worship with peace & humility - not trying to out-do Britney Spears.
could have been stated a little more respectfully, too.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Geeze oh flip Voter. I was just agreeing with their response. WE were not saying that you had to shout and holler to praise God. The church I go to does not do things that way either.

Just know that you dont have to get so defensive. You love God, you want to find a church that fits you, you obviously are looking, we have something in comon, and its all good. OK? So dont stress my dear...:smile: :kiss: