Ddoge/Chrysler parts

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Dodge/Chrysler parts

As much as I like Dodge/Chrysler products (I have a Dodge mini-van and a Jeep Liberty)....I am starting to get pee'ed off at getting common aftermarket parts for them. For example - the van is a 2001 and NO ONE sells a thermostat for it because Chrysler hasn't released it yet for aftermarket production - freakin 2001!!!! I have to get the #@*&!%#$@* thermostat at the Dodge dealer and they charge $25 for a normally $8-$10 part. Same thing when I changed the brake pads!

:burning:

Makes me want to stay away from Daimler/Chrysler from now on during my new vehicle searches!

Last edited:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I have not run into that problem yet with my car, have not had to buy parts yet. But I can't find anything aftermarket. I was looking for a supercharger but I can't find one.

dustin

UAIOE
Get the pn# from the dealer.

Then call another dealer and see if that pn# crosses over to a different model year vehicle (older).

Then if it does, write down which vehicle it crosses to. Then call your local auto parts store and have them look up the thermostat (or whatever part) on the vehicle which you just wrote down.

I do that to the AUDI dealer all the time. Get the audi pn# for the A4. Then call VW dealer and see if it crosses. This latest part for instance is 25 dollars at VW while the same one is 50 at AUDI.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
What dustin said hehe.. Dealers are shady to say the least when it comes to parts and autozone doesnt have a clue. do some sluething on the net on some of the car forums and you can usually find the part that will work.. especially T-stats. most of the time DC uses standard T-stats but there may be like a tab that you have to break off.