Mice?

Triggerfish

I've only lived in the area since January. Are mice a problem in this area? We caught 4 in a couple of days at work and I caught 8 in my shed over the last month. Looks like half of the ones I caught were juveniles. Probably part of the same litter.

Mice weren't a problem in Washington state, California, Japan or Florida the places I've lived previously.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Triggerfish said:
I've only lived in the area since January. Are mice a problem in this area? We caught 4 in a couple of days at work and I caught 8 in my shed over the last month. Looks like half of the ones I caught were juveniles. Probably part of the same litter.

Mice weren't a problem in Washington state, California, Japan or Florida the places I've lived previously.

Where do you work!?

We have mice problems where I work too, but along with the mice come the snakes.. we've caught a couple of those too, one in the building.

Raccoons too.. they live in our ceilings.

BuddyLee

Football addict
itsbob said:
Where do you work!?

We have mice problems where I work too, but along with the mice come the snakes.. we've caught a couple of those too, one in the building.

Raccoons too.. they live in our ceilings.
You are definitely an interesting person to study.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Triggerfish said:
One of the squadrons in NAS PAX.
I work in a building at PAX too, but am normally down at Webster..
Work in the LSTF at the end of the runway.. have found HUGE snakeskins above the ceiling tile there, and they have mice problems too..

Both places are fairly close to the water.. (got a waterview form my office) we keep our maintenance guys busy.. some of the ladies even bought the "trapper" a coonskin cap!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
In one of my old offices at Pax, we would frequently find snakes in the place. Actually, the building used to be living quarters for various officers, and had been converted into office space. But the basement remained the living quarters for various wild critters, who would come up into the office space and invade our desks, etc. We'd find mice, mouse droppings, snake skins, dead bird carcasses and such. It was just plain nasty. Another building that I worked in would have snakes sometimes crawling in the hallway and birds in the space between the roof and the dropped ceilings. I'm now in a building that is a mansion by comparison.

girliegirl

Triggerfish said:

I have found that alot of the mice are field mice looking for warmth, however, my house and work building is not the place for that. I have caught 4 at home and 3 at work....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
girliegirl said:
I have found that alot of the mice are field mice looking for warmth, however, my house and work building is not the place for that. I have caught 4 at home and 3 at work....
Field mice.. KEWL, those are the ones that taste better!

Nanny Pam

GOOD BAIT

Folks are using dead mice to catch rockfish, over here!!

Hook in through the butt and out the mouth!

girliegirl

We found 8 little mice babies in a nest made out of some sort of paper shreds in the corner of the garage...They didn't even have their eyes open....But the fact still remained, they had to go..

Triggerfish

Sounds like what happended to me. I found a litter but by the time I came back they were all gone. Pink and eyes closed. However looks like I still got them. The ones I caught were still very small.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Mice come inside this time of year looking for warmth. We had one in our trash shed last year and one lived in our van for a time, year before last, I think. We set a trap in the van. Although we didn't catch anything, he left about that time. We didn't bother the one in the shed too much, just kept the lids on the trashcans, so he couldn't make a mess of them.

The best way to keep them out is to get a cat or a dog. We've always had one of each and never had mice in the house, even though I doubt the pets would know what to do if they ever saw one. The mice can smell them, though and will head for easier abodes if they can find them.

When we lived in townhouses, we had the dog and cat. Our neighbors on both sides had a terrible time with mice. One of them found 10 inside of a couple of weeks. We never saw one. The next year both of our neighbors had pets.

Triggerfish

We have an indoor cat. No mice inside just the shed. Maybe the chewed up mouse was chewed up by the neighbor's cat.