What do you think of the Wingman or WingWoman?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's become such a popular concept that people are even posting ads online, looking for wingpeople to accompany them on a night on the town.
Translation: Not only can I not get a date, but I am such a loser that I don't even have any friends.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
LOL Im not a good wingman I found out.. If I ended up liking the woman I usually took her home myself or the number at least. As a guy sometimes you feel bad for your friend if they are nice guy but just dont have the confidence to talk to a female. I on the other hand could really give a crap if Im shot down. I look at it in the percentages game. The more people you talk to the better your chances are.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Isn't "the wingman" what John Alden was supposed to be for Miles Standish?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FastCarsSpeed said:
Im not a good wingman I found out
I'm a great wingman. "See that redhead over there? Her name is Sandi and she's a sure thing. She has this weird thing where, when she's really into a guy, she pretends to blow him off. Go buy her a rum and coke and you'll see what I mean. :yay:"

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
vraiblonde said:
I'm a great wingman. "See that redhead over there? Her name is Sandi and she's a sure thing. She has this weird thing where, when she's really into a guy, she pretends to blow him off. Go buy her a rum and coke and you'll see what I mean. :yay:"

Damnit now thats just plain wrong haha. mmmm Redheads now those are a different breed of women..

The article isnt really accurate. The wingman idea has been around for a long time. Its more along the lines of keeping her sometimes less attrative friend occupied so you can score. Like "takin one for the team".

Steve

Enjoying life!
thakidistight said:
The article isnt really accurate. The wingman idea has been around for a long time. Its more along the lines of keeping her sometimes less attrative friend occupied so you can score. Like "takin one for the team".
The "wingman" is actually both. He can keep the less attractive friend busy while his bud goes after the hotter one. Or like the article says, he fills in those uncomfortable pauses with chatter, keeping her interested until the buddy goes in for the strike. Every "wing pattern" is different, depending on the circumstances. :razz: