How about Online Candidate Q&As?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Anyone familiar with the Post's Live Online site? I would like to see Somd.Com hold Candidate Forums using that format. For each race, get each candidate in front of a computer, have voters type out and send in questions, and the candidates would type out their answers. Maybe the League of Women Voters or another organization has some non-partisan computer junkies who could moderate the forums. It may be too late for this year, but is this workable for future elections?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The main problem is getting the candidates to participate. Heck, they can't even be bothered to show up for dirt world forums - no reason to think they'd show up online for it. Also, they are free to come on here at any time and connect with the voters - every one of them was sent an invitation. Notice how many have done it? ONE! And he was chased off because of bad publicity from the St. Mary's Today.

Good idea, though!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Politicians have a hard time with written questions and answers. It is too hard to spin an answer that doesn't play well with the potential voters. They would have to take a stance on issues with no wiggle room.

slik

vraiblonde said:
- every one of them was sent an invitation. Notice how many have done it?

Ahhhh - so your the person we have to thank for the very entertaining Mr. Cusick. :lmao: I have to admit he makes me laugh. I just can't believe that he has stuck it out this long.

R

residentofcre

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Different County thank God.....[/FONT]

:coffee: