Beating meat...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I've made chix parm several times but never seem to get my chix thin enough. The directions say to put the chix inbetween wax paper and use one of those meat tenderizers to flatten it. All this does it get small bits of wax paper mashed into the meat. How do you beat your meat - I need a new technique? :tap:

Vince

CMC122 said:
I use my small cast iron frying pan:biggrin:
Never thought of that. Will have to try it tonight since I already have the chic breasts thawing out. And I've got a huge cast iron skillet. One whack should do it.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Vince said:
Never thought of that. Will have to try it tonight since I already have the chic breasts thawing out. And I've got a huge cast iron skillet. One whack should do it.
:yay: And the meat flattens down nice and even all over:lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
JabbaJawz said:
I've made chix parm several times but never seem to get my chix thin enough. The directions say to put the chix inbetween wax paper and use one of those meat tenderizers to flatten it. All this does it get small bits of wax paper mashed into the meat. How do you beat your meat - I need a new technique? :tap:
Plastic wrap works MUCH better. Also, don't beat it so hard or use the side of the mallet with the big spikes on it for chicken. The side of the mallet you use should be almost smooth with small bumps on it. Or use a wooden mallet as someone stated above.

Agee

JabbaJawz said:
All this does it get small bits of wax paper mashed into the meat. :tap:
Usually, meat mallets come with two sides. Use the flat side, not the one with raised points.

If the breasts are thick, butterfly them before thinning.

M

michellegal

I've also used parchment paper instead of waxed paper to beat my chicken...and I use a cast iron skillet, too.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
jazz lady said:
Plastic wrap works MUCH better. Also, don't beat it so hard or use the side of the mallet with the big spikes on it for chicken. The side of the mallet you use should be almost smooth with small bumps on it. Or use a wooden mallet as someone stated above.

I use the spike side and no paper/plastic. Just don't beat it like a red headed step child. Also good for beating spices into the meat. :yay:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Double wrap them in foil (leave expansion room) place in gallon size baggie and run over it with the car tire.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Sharon said:
Double wrap them in foil (leave expansion room) place in gallon size baggie and run over it with the car tire.

I think it might freeze before I got the car started. :jet:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Sharon said:

Just because I've been gullible in the past doesn't mean I believe this! :lmao:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
JabbaJawz said:
Just because I've been gullible in the past doesn't mean I believe this! :lmao:
This is Sharon we're talking about. Don't believe for one minute she hasn't done this. Look at how well thought out her answer is.

Who knows, it might work :shrug:

spookthis

You can also use a freezer zip lock bag, put the chix in, leave the zip open, and beat with anthing a little weighty. I really like the car idea, sure beats whacking the meat with a mallot. :lmao:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Usually, meat mallets come with two sides. Use the flat side, not the one with raised points.

If the breasts are thick, butterfly them before thinning.

And, I spray a small amount of non-stick spray...

C

czygvtwkr

I use my hand, Ill have to try that non-stick spray too sounds like it may help. :whistle: