Stolen out of the field!

Cletus_Vandam

Concerned

I understand the frustration over a horse being stolen. But isn't that what society has become?

Don't get me wrong. It isn't right, or justified and I would be very PO'd if someone were to take anything away from me, especially an animal that is a close as a family member.

But a horse in a field that doesn't have supervision is like leaving the keys in your car. We live on 25 acres and our car doors and house is always locked, trying to protect ourselves from theft.

Unforunately, I think this is something that we will see more and more of considering the value of the property. Shoot for that matter, we don't let our dogs out of the house w/o us being outside for fear of them being taken/stolen. We have heard of the horror stories of dogs being sold to chemical testing labs. That was enough for us to keep our eyes open.

Do they offer any type of implanted tracking chip for horses (or dogs, or anything else for that matter)?

K

Kizzy

This morning I was driving down Rt. 6 on my way to work and dayum if there wasn't a cow standing on the side of the road. You have to wonder if these horses are stolen or runaway.

Well I wonder where that cow thought she was goin?? Like those commercials for happy cows in california- where the bulls are watching them chase danedelions....aren't they a hoot! ;}

fttrsbeerwench

When I lived in Delaware about ten years ago, I would often come across a cow in the road.. Here I am, either trying to push, pull or entice her big behind off some bend in the road, worried she would get hit by a "less than aware" driver. I don't see so many in southern Maryland. I have heard of several horse thieves though. Once in high school, I was told of a few guys who stole one of Bubby K's horses and did horrible things to the poor critter....Just a rumor, but still..

I hope the horse just ran away , and that it is found safe and sound.