She's Crafty...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
...yep, that's me!! :diva:

I'm 1/2 finished making one of these for my kitchen. It's my 1st attempt at such a thing, so I'm hoping it turns out well. I chose plaid fabric which is proving to be a pain, but I think it's going to turn out great. :clap:

fttrsbeerwench

JabbaJawz said:
...yep, that's me!! :diva:

I'm 1/2 finished making one of these for my kitchen. It's my 1st attempt at such a thing, so I'm hoping it turns out well. I chose plaid fabric which is proving to be a pain, but I think it's going to turn out great. :clap:

I love these things Jabba!! What colors are you using?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
fttrsbeerwench said:
I love these things Jabba!! What colors are you using?

A plaid with maroon colors and a darker greens. Should be neat and match the countertops. I'll take a picture when I'm finished so ya'll can see my mad skilllllllllzzzzzz......

fttrsbeerwench

JabbaJawz said:
A plaid with maroon colors and a darker greens. Should be neat and match the countertops. I'll take a picture when I'm finished so ya'll can see my mad skilllllllllzzzzzz......

:cartwheel YGG!!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Ya know, that'd make a great gift idea for someone who has "everything" ... for their office to display pictures on. My aunt, this year, knitted/crocheted (whatever it is) various things for all of us ... scarves, shaws, etc. It was by far a great gift! Something I can use AND from the heart. :dance:

I'd like mine in burgundy and creme, please. :kiss:

crabcake

JabbaJawz said:
Definitely a super gift idea! :yay:
You could make 'em for your family throughout the year and have 'em knocked out by Christmas, no sweat! My aunt said she crocheted those items for us in about 4 hours each here and there. I'm DEFINATELY looking for something like that for my family for next year. Everyone pretty much has everything and they're hard to shop for, or you get the "don't buy us anything" response. But no one can turn down something hand made AND functional. :yay:

Well, except that ugly thing one of your relatives made that accidentally blew away at the other house, of course. :whistle:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Here you go, folks!! I'm extremely pleased with it!!

Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kwillia - Isn't it just perfect!?!?! :jet:

Attachments

• DSC055050.jpg
    DSC055050.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC055060.jpg
    DSC055060.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC055090.jpg
    DSC055090.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 136

crabcake

JabbaJawz said:
Here you go, folks!! I'm extremely pleased with it!!
it's maaaaahhhhvelous dahling! :clap:

how long did it take ya (start to finish)?

Last edited:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
crabcake said:
JabbaJawz said:
Here you go, folks!! I'm extremely pleased with it!! /QUOTE]

it's maaaaahhhhvelous dahling! :clap:

how long did it take ya (start to finish)?

It took me just over 2 hours, but I wasn't 100% focused on it, either. It could easily be knocked out in about an hour or hour and a half, I'd say. Oh, and the plaid fabric took a bit longer for me b/c I had to be careful about matching up. The shape of the board also made the ribbon placement more tricky than it would have been had I used a square board.