Ouch

C

czygvtwkr

Just sprained my ankle pretty badly a couple hours ago. Took me 20 minutes before I could put weight on it, still hurts like hell.

Hope its better by tomorrow. Wish I had some of my dad's oxycontin now.

Mikeinsmd

czygvtwkr said:
Just sprained my ankle pretty badly a couple hours ago. Took me 20 minutes before I could put weight on it, still hurts like hell.

Hope its better by tomorrow.

Don't think sprains heal over night. Sorry bout your luck though.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Elevate it, ice it for a few hours and then start rotating between a hot soak and ice. If you don't have an ace-bandage stay the heck off of it. If you do have one don't rap it too tight. You can tell if it's too tight by pinching a toe nail and watching how quick the pink color comes back to it. Spains are usually more of a PITA then a fracture. Good luck.

C

czygvtwkr

Well I was sitting on the ground playing my playstation and there was a knock on my door. I got up and my legs were asleep causing me to have little control over them and rolled over my left ankle and went crashing to the ground, hitting my head on my coffe table too. A 250 lb man makes quite a crash when he falls down.

Ken King

PREMO Member
czygvtwkr said:
Well I was sitting on the ground playing my playstation and there was a knock on my door. I got up and my legs were asleep causing me to have little control over them and rolled over my left ankle and went crashing to the ground, hitting my head on my coffe table too. A 250 lb man makes quite a crash when he falls down.
I tore the lateral ligaments in my ankle from a motorcycle accident. I can’t wear anything but lineman boots, jump boots, or chukka types now as I need that high ankle support. Hope it’s just a sprain and nothing more severe.

Damn I wish these women would get finished doing whatever it is they are doing so we can get out before the New Year gets here.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
czygvtwkr said:

:shocked:

C

czygvtwkr

When I went to bed last night I couldnt put weight on it at all it hurt so much. This morning I was able to hobble around very gingerly so I took some 800mg Ibuprofin that I had left over from the flu last year. Now I can walk on it with just a little pain but I still limp pretty noticibly.

Ken- couldnt you get your ankle fixed surgically? I wonder if my flight deck boots would help me any, God they are so uncomfortable though.

Ken King

PREMO Member
czygvtwkr said:
Ken- couldnt you get your ankle fixed surgically? I wonder if my flight deck boots would help me any, God they are so uncomfortable though.
Yeah, I could have opted for surgery (the accident was in 1977), they said they could fuse some bones in there, but I would lose mobility. I said not only no, but Hell No. As long as I wear the high ankle support type shoes (or wrap it good before participating in a sporting event) it has been okay.

Is your ankle still swollen? If so work the ice and hot soaks, keep it elevated as much as possible, and make sure you have it wrapped before walking on it.

Last edited:
C

czygvtwkr

Its still a little swollen but most of the pain went away and now Im just limping a little bit.

I found slowly and gently stretching helped a bunch.