Request for Material: www.marlowheights60sand70s.com

cissp

Cyber Cop
I posted the following message on the home page of my website this morning. Due to an individual claiming copyright ownership of certain images, I have removed a significant amount of images off of my site for the time being. Most of these images were of public places! This individual also initially gave me permission to use these images with credit, but perhaps for selfish reasons has recanted. Imagine, if you go to Steak in a Sack and take a picture of it, maybe someone will claim that they "own" it!

"NOTICE: Previous visitors will notice the absence of many images and audio files. The problem I’m facing is by being naive in posting images and audio files, I have run into copyright infringement issues. To be on the safe side, I have removed all content which I cannot verify 100% is either in the public domain or was authored by me. Sad to say that many people have become money hungry and selfish, but that’s life in the Internet age now. The good news is that I have received permission to link to a site for audio files. Look for that to reappear in the Sounds section of this site sometime over the weekend.

The bad (and ridiculous) news is that a lot of the image files are allegedly copyrighted content. Can you imagine an image of a building, a public place, being copyrighted content? Supposedly, that is the case. I am not familiar with digital rights law, and do not care to engage in any possible litigation over, say, a picture of the Marlow Heights sign. Isn’t that absurd?

I am in the process of going through my images and will post those that I know were taken by me, or are in the public domain. Also, I have contacted a some sites and asked their permission to use images appearing on their site. If this gets any more ludicrous, perhaps in the future just even having the name of, say, the Marlow Heights Recreation Center, appear on a web site will cause some greedy and selfish person claim they “own” the rights to it!
At this time I would like to solicit anyone that has images that they would like to appear on this site. I will credit each image. But please don’t ask for money in using an image, this site is not about making money, and I’m not going to pay to use anything. What I will use is content I’ve been given permission to use, my personally owned/authored material, and that which is in the public domain."

cissp

Cyber Cop
Audio Links Back Up on the Site

If you go to the "Sounds" page, you'll see that I have restored the audio links to sound files for places like WPGC and WEAM. I'm working on agreements now regarding images to my entire site.