Help finding European car repair in SOMD

dustin

UAIOE
I've looked in the phone book and on the net. But can't find any repair shop specializing in european car repairs (other than the dealers) in southern maryland...specifically AUDI.

I've found some on the north side of the beltway and in the Annapolis area. But that is too far.

Any recommendations?

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
My in-laws use M&W in Prince Frederick for their cars. They bought cars from him too.

[font=geneva,arial,helvetica][size=-1]M & W Motors
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
(410) 535-5844
(800) 750-5844 (toll-free) [/size][/font]

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Was gonna' say try R&R...

Jeff Martin/Hollywood Auto Tech is a good technician too. In Hollywood, next to the Moose Lodge at the corner of Clarkes Landing Road...

Last edited:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
My in-laws use M&W in Prince Frederick for their cars. They bought cars from him too.

M & W Motors
(410) 535-5844
(800) 750-5844 (toll-free)

M&W isn't there anymore---could be a rumor, but I heard they got evicted. Their building is a carpet place now, I think....though I heard that the old lead mechanic from M&W (His name is John) opened his own place right next door. You might try him. He used to work on my car, and I never had any complaints with his workmanship.

dustin

UAIOE
Mrs. Jones said:

[font=geneva,arial,helvetica][size=-1]M & W Motors
(410) 535-5844
(800) 750-5844 (toll-free) [/size][/font]

I called the 800 number and it has been disconnected. I called the other one and a recording said the number had been changed to 410-257-5363. I called that number and got a preset voicemail recording not designating the business or name. Club'n is most likely correct.

Last edited:

dustin

UAIOE
Oz said:
Was gonna' say try R&R...

Jeff Martin/Hollywood Auto Tech is a good technician too. In Hollywood, next to the Moose Lodge at the corner of Clarkes Landing Road...

Got a number? I'm having trouble finding one...

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Club'nBabySeals said:
M&W isn't there anymore---could be a rumor, but I heard they got evicted. Their building is a carpet place now, I think....though I heard that the old lead mechanic from M&W (His name is John) opened his own place right next door. You might try him. He used to work on my car, and I never had any complaints with his workmanship.
Oops! Sorry for the bad info. :ohwell: Good luck in your search.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
dustin said:
Got a number? I'm having trouble finding one...

Oops - my fault! It's Martin's Auto Tech 301-373-2266 (Jeff Martin.)

Also, you might try St. Mary's Automotive in Callaway, another Jeff at 301-994-9411.

Both owners run really good businesses.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
fddog said:
Dustin affordable auto in white plains. Sean boys bro works there.
I just called them, the guy has to call me back. His computer is telling him it's a one hour job, and he's pretty sure it's an 11 hour job, so he's gotta check on prices. :ohwell:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Umm a timing belt is gonna run the 450-600 dollar price range easily.. depends on how many cylinders the car is.. How the engine is mounted and what else needs to be replaced.. alot of times the belt, tensioners and even water pump are usually replaced at that same time. It is a pretty in depth job and takes about a day to do depending. Good luck with the dealer it will be just as pricey there but might actually be your best be.. Annapolis I thought has an audi dealer. Thats not too far a drive.. drop the car off for the day and go to the mall or something.. alot of times the dealer may even give you a loaner car if you ask nice enough..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
One procedure I saw calls for removing the grille and recommended removing the bumper for better access. It certainly isn't a one hour job.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Ken King said:
One procedure I saw calls for removing the grille and recommended removing the bumper for better access. It certainly isn't a one hour job.
You are correct. Definitely not a do-it-yourselfer.