Anybody know anything about embossing?

S

starr

Thanks for the info Sweetpea. I think I found a couple sites that explain it pretty well. I bought the stuff yesterday and I am going to practice on paper before doing the box I had originally wanted to do.

starr said:
Thanks for the info Sweetpea. I think I found a couple sites that explain it pretty well. I bought the stuff yesterday and I am going to practice on paper before doing the box I had originally wanted to do.
Oh, I didn't know you were doing it yourself. She embosses our album covers or the spine.

S

starr

I am going to try to do it myself on a blank box. I talked to guy at Michaels and he said I could do it on wood. I am just going by what he said and somethings I have read. I just thought it would look cooler than just a stamp.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Let me know how things work out. Please post your findings!

Embossing cards, decorations, and making artwork and the like is the next craft I would like to learn. I went to Stencil House first to ask questions, where the prices were "pricey", but the selection greater and the staff was very informative and helpful. Then I journeyed to Michael's and then to WalMart to price compare and check item selections. Often, I have found myself wandering around Michael's and will gain an abundance of knowledge from a seasoned crafter in the same section.

Good Luck!

S

starr

On the wood embossing doesn't work but on paper it is great. I may be getting ride of the extra supplies including the heat gun because I don't scrapbook and now it is just sitting there.