Amber Frey claims to read the Bible

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Excerpt from daily devotional (Thurs. 1-13-2005)Liveprayer.com

Let's lay the groundwork of Amber Frey's past, not from tabloid rumors, but indisputable facts. The fact is, several years ago she chose to have sex outside of marriage, got pregnant, and had a child. The fact is, she was involved with a married man prior to Scott Peterson and helped to break up that marriage. The fact is, she had nude photographs taken of herself for potential modeling work. The fact is, she had sex with Peterson on their very first date and every subsequent time they met. The fact is, within weeks of breaking up with Peterson, she became involved with a man she is now living with him out of wedlock and had his baby. Again, these are not tabloid rumors, these are the facts of her life that those who interview her refuse to even discuss and she acts like they were perfectly acceptable choices. I am sad to say, that "in the world" this lifestyle is not only normal but looked at as acceptable. Even sadder, it is being condoned in the church!

The reality is, the only reason we know who Amber Frey is, is because she made CHOICES to live her life in rebellion to God. She has no one to blame for being involved in this case but herself. Had she made the choice NOT to have sex with Peterson, she would have never been involved. Did Peterson lie to her? Of course, he was a married man cheating on his wife. The fact Frey had already been through this same situation with a married man, should have made her even more aware than most of the games a man will play to have sex with a woman. This was not a naive schoolgirl, but a woman who was clearly looking for love and a father for her child.

One of the interesting facets of Amber Frey's story is the fact she claims to read the Bible, goes to a Bible study, and attends church. I can only assume her pastor, those she studied the Word with, were never successful in getting her to see that we can't choose to live in rebellion to God and expect God to bless our lives. It also highlights a problem I share with you often, and that is pastors who are afraid or unwilling to challenge people in how they live their daily lives. Pastors, you have "Amber Freys" in your congregation every Sunday. Please don't compromise, water-down, or candy-coat the truth of God's Word or ever be afraid to call sin what it is. . . sin. It may save someone from making choices that will destroy their life.

I am reminded of the confrontation Jesus had with the woman at the well. Did Jesus tell her that it was OK to continue living the way she was? NO, He confronted her with her sin. To the woman taken in adultery he said, "go and sin no more!" You see my friend, when we are confronted with our sin, it demands action on our part. Sadly, we are living in a culture where sin is often overlooked even in our churches. It is a culture where those who live in rebellion to God are rewarded with million dollar book and TV movie deals and not held accountable for their choices, but hailed as "role models."

The message that I want you to hear today, and the message I want you to apply to your life is that your choices carry consequences...often life-changing consequences. As I share with you often, when we follow God and His Word, life works. When we choose to rebel against God, there are always consequences. Does that mean if we will just follow God's Word our life is perfect? Absolutely not. However, we can eliminate much of the heartache and pain we face in life that stem from of our rebellious choices.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
It's cute when people pass judgement on others, I was under the assumption that was God's job and noone else's. Guess I have a lot to learn. :shrug:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
It's cute when people pass judgement on others, I was under the assumption that was God's job and noone else's.

I (and most other people) do it every day according to our opinions of other's behaviors. Don't say you haven't either.

dmc854 said:
She's only human :angel:

We all are, people make mistakes. Realizing our mistakes and not repeating them is the hard part.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
To judge in your mind is a little different than to publicly state your opinion of someone. I used to be very judgemental. In the last few years I've learned not to be. The most harsh thought I've had about someone in awhile has been something along the lines of "Man, that girl should not be wearing that belly shirt". I've made mistakes in my past. Everyone does. I don't judge people based on mistakes or how they live their lives, and I expect the same courtesy. It's only civil.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
It's cute when people pass judgement on others, I was under the assumption that was God's job and noone else's. Guess I have a lot to learn. :shrug:

Funny, I've personally been at the arse end of you passing judgement. :oops:

D

dmc854

True, that's why I said what I did. We all do it. I see supposedly good christian, church going, bible thumpers of all kinds making the same choices. We are human, we have choices and the fact she is in America means she can capitalize on her choices.

Sharon said:
I (and most other people) do it every day according to our opinions of other's behaviors. Don't say you haven't either.

We all are, people make mistakes. Realizing our mistakes and not repeating them is the hard part.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
Funny, I've personally been at the arse end of you passing judgement. :oops:
Negative. I asked you what your deal was. One time I have "judged" you, in defense to your judging me. I thought we were past this. :shrug:

K

Kain99

The "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" incident is one of the most well-known lessons of the Bible. A woman, who had been caught in the act of adultery was brought to Jesus Christ by the scribes and Pharisees as a test to see if the Messiah was a liberal in matters of the Law of God.

In response to their deceitful query, He didn't condemn the woman, not because He was a liberal, not because He condoned her sin, but because the men who brought the woman to Him were Hypocrites.

He was the only person there that day who was free of sin, the only one who had the right to "cast the first stone." He didn't stone her (or her accusers), but instead forgave her and told her to "sin no more."

2A

We are all sinners here. (Including you) The article you posted is horrific. To teach a lesson in righteousness is one thing but to point fingers is another.

I know that you are driven to bring the word of God to the people of SOMD.com .... I think that is wonderful but you need to be aware of one thing.

You will be held responsible, for all that you bring to God and for all that you drive away. Use Great Caution

K

Kizzy

With all the people out there who rape, murder, steel, molest, commit arson, forge, maliciously destroy other people’s property, abuse animals, abuse people, abuse children, etc. etc., I thinking one keeping her legs closed is the least of the worries in the world. I am not worthy enough to judge anyone or their actions, and the day I think I’m God, please stick my arse in a straight jacket and throw me off the WW bridge. :yay:

However, what 2A posted isn't necessarily about judging Amber, it is saying "your choices carry consequences...often life-changing consequences."
That in itself is a concept to pounder over and something we need not forget in our choices everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kizzy said:
"your choices carry consequences...often life-changing consequences."
I am not a religious person, but this is the philosophy by which I chose to live and this is greatly impressed upon my children. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Nickel said:
And just for clarification purposes, I was not talking about 2A here. I was talking about the individual that he quoted.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
kwillia said:
I am not a religious person, but this is the philosophy by which I chose to live and this is greatly impressed upon my children. :yay:
:yeahthat:

The more I read in the religion forum, the more I realize that I don't want to step foot in another church ever again.

crabcake said:

The more I read in the religion forum, the more I realize that I don't want to step foot in another church ever again.
I don't think that religon itself is so judgemental as are the people who force their beliefs upon others.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?

Indeed.

Bible thumpers of the same ilk as that author in 2A's quote drive away more Christians than they attract. It's sad that a religion founded on the principals of love and forgiveness is twisted in order to spawn hatred and contempt.

Even if that author wasn't intending to pass judgement on Frey (and you'll have a hard time convincing me that's the case, anyway), he failed miserably at presenting a level headed and unbiased case for living by the Christian doctrine.

It's a shame, really.

K

Kain99

crabcake said:

Quoted for 2A to see.... This, is serious business.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
Negative. I asked you what your deal was. One time I have "judged" you, in defense to your judging me. I thought we were past this. :shrug:

We are, but you're being a hypocrite. I specifically remember you passing judgement on my being pregnant for the second time (something along the lines of at least you knew better then to make the same mistake twice). What you're refering to hadn't even crossed my mind but since you refreshed my memory... You judged me in defense of me joking, not "judging" you. I'm not picking on you by any means. We all judge (including you) was my point; it's human nature.