English Lessons

dizzy

Just wondering what facilities are around that teach English lessons and what people think of the different facilities. Also interested if anyone gives lessons for Dressage. Thanks for any information.

dizzy

Yes in St. Mary's County. I know of A Moment in Time, Freedom's Rein Farm, but I was wondering what other facilities or trainers are out there and what do you think about these places.

AMP

Jersey attitude.
appyday said:
Thats all they give around here is English lessons...what is around here for you? St Mary's ?

Is THAT why Ring 1 is always so crowded at the Oak Ridge shows!

dizzy

No I do not own a horse, I am looking for a place with school horses or maybe even leasing. It is for my daughter who has been riding for over 4 years now and has shown for 4 years. She is proficient at the W/T and learning to T/C over fences.

fredsaid2

Nicole Hayden is on the right off Rt 235 just past the back gate to the base. No personal experience w/ her but she has a couple of successful riders and shows herself.

AMIT - have not taken lessons there, only gone to a few of their shows.

FRF - lessoned there quite a while back. I don't know who the instructors are now and what the mounts are like. Then it was well maintained and the horses had good care.

Sheryl Bean is at the end of Moll Dyer Road in Leonardtown.

Sorry if I've butchered any names. Not a good memory for spelling!

I'm sure there's more; these are the ones I know of. Lots more available if you owned/leased and could have an instructor come to you.

Good luck finding something that suits!

fredsaid2

I forgot the dressage instructor, Michele Alexander. You pass her barn going to AMIT. Don't know that she has school horses.

There's also another english lesson barn just off Rt 5 on the right up where the Half-Way House used to be. Red Clover Farm or something like that?

barncat

AMP said:
Is THAT why Ring 1 is always so crowded at the Oak Ridge shows!

Hey there's nothing wrong with us English folks. Personally I don't care for competing in a ring period so I event, to each there own.

AMP

Jersey attitude.
barncat said:
Hey there's nothing wrong with us English folks. Personally I don't care for competing in a ring period so I event, to each there own.

No, of course not, but I always wondered why the English ring was more crowded and the Western less so until the speed events. I guess i never figured there woul dbe more English riders down here, thought maybe more 50/50.

No offense meant! :howdy:

spellbound

The farm in Mechanicsville is called Crimson Clover.

If you're not against venturing over into southern calvert, you might look there. I hear there are a couple dressage barns with indoors. I don't remember the names though.

barncat

My old jump instructor, Samantha Allen, now runs Rossmat and I'm not excatly sure what she offers as far as lessons on her horses. I know she gave lessons on a mare of hers at one time, but I'm not sure if that horse is leased out at this time.

Nikki Vogel, who I used for dressage teaches out of Ross Matt on Wednesdays I think.

I don't have numbers for them anymore, been out of the loop for a little while. If you stop by Rossmat I'm sure someone can help you.

I really liked both of these instructors as people and instructors and would recommend them to anyone.