Hate Crimes

Christy

b*tch rocket
So why is it that you can be assaulted, called a white b$tch, and that can't be considered a hate crime? :confused:

Me thinks it has something to do with being white! :burning:

It is a certainty that if you changed white b$tch to black b&tch, it would be an instant hate crime.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Yeah, well as you well know, my sister had the crap beat out of her by a black man who called her a white b%tch several times before and after the assault. But guess what. He's playing the race card. He's gone to the State's attorney, documented complaints stating that my sister pulled into his driveway calling him a ******. Anyone who knows my sister, knows that is something she'd never say, she is (well was) the biggest bleeding heart liberal, equal opportunity preacher out there!

She's had a very rude awakening to the way this country works these days. It's pretty sad when a woman can be assaulted by man twice her size and HE becomes the victim. :burning:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Equality! Isn't that what they wanted? But they have redefined the word to "Us getting favoritism over whitey."

I work with, kid with, and work out with a black guy. He's great and he's po'ed that other black people sit back and collect welfare while he works and pays taxes. We have had the discussion. He is vehement; he wants this stuff to stop.

Jesse and Al, the two " we is victims" boys and the Democrats don't want disadvantage people to really get ahead. They would loose their support base.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
But of course the thread is "hate crimes." I didn't know there were "love crimes." Are there?

Crime is crime. No one who commits a crime against someone is doing it out of love. All crimes are hate crimes; so why the different designation? So the Feds can step in. And some here say I am wrong (a nut) for not trusting the Feds completely.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Seems to me most crimes involve hate of some sort. I don't get what makes it a "hate" crime because of race, religion, etc. But I don't get a lot of things these days.:frown:

K

Kizzy

He is vehement; he wants this stuff to stop.

I have several close friends who feel the same way and like they say, it is ok to have B.E.T. and Soul Train but if it was W.E.T. and no soul on this train, it would be much differently I know.

I am with Catt. I don't understand a lot of things these days. If you are the most qualified for the job and happen to be white, oh well. We have schools. We have educational resources for individuals beyond high schools and ways to become a valuable asset in society. This is America for pet sake.

Christy, I am very sorry that things haven't worked out well for your sister. You and those who feel strongly about the issue should write a well-worded letter to the editor of the paper and get your point across. A crime is a crime and should be treated as such and race should not be a factor. It is shameful that this still goes on today, and I see many situations where the white person is treated poorly in a reverse racial situation in working with union issues, and my husband works in D.C. so he sees it everyday too. It has been a rude awakening for me to see life in the real world. But if your sister wasn't treated fairly by the legal system, the information needs to go out to the citizen who votes that person into their position. The citizen don't need that non sense in office.

Also, I call "love" crimes domestics, but then again, it can be considered a "love/hate" crime?