Who will control the Senate?

demsformd

I say that the Democrats gain seats in Arkansas and New Hampshire while the Republicans gain in Missouri. So, I say that the Democrats retain control with 50 to 49 to 1.
What do you think?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dems, your guess is as good as mine. I tend to ignore the polls and predictions for the most part - the only thing that counts is when the returns come in.

But I'm disturbed about all the vote cheating that's going on with the Democrats. That's not what the election process is supposed to be about. As a Democrat, does it upset you too? I'd think it would just because the sins of a few make the whole party look like a bunch of corrupt jerks. But some people obviously feel that the end justifies the means. I hope that doesn't sound aggressive because that's not where I want to go with this. I'm really not trying to start a war or anything - just curious what you think?

K

Kain99

Ya know, I think predictions at this time are alomost nuts...

demsformd

I am a little critical of these stories of voter fraud anyway because I have not heard about them in the mainstream media. But if they are true, of course I think that it is wrong because it circumvents the electoral process. But vote stealing, voter fraud, and other Election Day practices of that nature run on both sides. For example in the 2000 Election, Republican poll workers in heavily minority and Democratic precients made the polling place appear to be closed in Florida. Missouri Republicans closed polls in St. Louis an hour before they were supposed to and in New Mexico, three hundred votes for Al Gore were lost miraculously by a campaign worker for Bush. A little questionable wouldn't you say? And you do not have to give me more examples of Democratic attempts to alter the vote totals, I already know of them. The whole thing runs on both sides and we need to stop that.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by demsformd
For example in the 2000 Election, Republican poll workers in heavily minority and Democratic precients made the polling place appear to be closed in Florida. Missouri Republicans closed polls in St. Louis an hour before they were supposed to and in New Mexico, three hundred votes for Al Gore were lost miraculously by a campaign worker for Bush.

You don't trust the other stories, because they are not in the "mainstream media" ?(I have no idea what you mean by that) but I have never heard of your stories at all, except for the one about Missouri, which is exactly backwards - Judge Baker - not Republicans - ordered the polls in St. Louis to remain OPEN *past* the time the *rest* of the state was closed - 7:00 pm. While Republicans cried foul, because St. Louis is much more heavily Democratic than the rest of the state, and it appeared to be a flagrant Democrat partisan stunt, it applied only to persons who were in line at closing, and likely had little to do with changing any election results.

If you're going to grouse about news events, prove your story with relevant links, because you were wrong about this one.

B

Bruzilla

I think that the Republicans are going to take back the Senate with a seat to spare.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Bruzilla
I think that the Republicans are going to take back the Senate with a seat to spare.

GREAT, that means the Demis will be up all night "digging" up votes for a challenge to the count. :rolleyes:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by justhangn

GREAT, that means the Demis will be up all night "digging" up votes for a challenge to the count. :rolleyes:

well, would you rather have them out digging up votes, or actually sitting in office?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SmallTown

well, would you rather have them out digging up votes, or actually sitting in office?

I would prefer it to be a clean, honest race, but that will never happen!!! The DEMImaggots are too slimey and power hungry for that to EVER happen!

Originally posted by demsformd
I say that the Democrats gain seats in Arkansas and New Hampshire while the Republicans gain in Missouri. So, I say that the Democrats retain control with 50 to 49 to 1.
What do you think?

I'm hopin they get the senate again! I need them to send me some cash from you rich buttheads so I can live a life of leisure!

It's wasting too much of my time workin every day!