Historical reenactments???

fttrsbeerwench

Is anyone here interested in this??

Civil War? Renaissance? Medieval?

I have been to a few SCA events and am looking to meet some more local people who enjoy this.

Civil War would be the most fun locally, I know there are groups who do it down at PLO.

If you don't know what SCA is, check out www.sca.org and get back to me if you think you would find this fun or educational...

Magnum

Should be Huntin
fttrsbeerwench said:

I have been to a few SCA events and am looking to meet some more local people who enjoy this.

Civil War would be the most fun locally, I know there are groups who do it down at PLO.

If you don't know what SCA is, check out www.sca.org and get back to me if you think you would find this fun or educational...

I went to Pickets Charge a few years back which they said was the biggest they ever had. So much fun. I always go up to gettysburg to check things out, always something going on

Jameo

What?!
fttrsbeerwench said:

Nomoney's hubby used (or maybe he still does) to do stuff like that, PM her for some more info :yay:

nomoney

Jameo said:
Nomoney's hubby used (or maybe he still does) to do stuff like that, PM her for some more info :yay:

:yeahthat: we're not nerds at all....really. :lol:

The closest to local you're going to find is the 20th Maine. They're based out of chesapeake beach md, but they do the reanactments at PLO (which includes working weekends to upkeep the fort and surrounding areas)...they also do close events in the sourounding areas..I could try to find contact info for you if you're interested...we've been out of it for a few years.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
There is an SCA chapter down here---they usually meet at the Southern Community Center (in Lusby).

There are a few groups in the area that do LARPs, as well.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
I do Civil War reenactments with a group out of Northern VA - 2nd Rhode Island Volunteers Company F. We do mostly VA events, but our first one this year will be in NC in March (Bentonville). 20th Maine does the ones at Point Lookout as well as the events my group goes to. Loads of fun!

fttrsbeerwench

I have kind of skirted around the outside of all this for a few years...I am just looking to get more involved.Other than pool and art, I don't have many hobbies and I want something that's active, social and educational. I have tagged along on the SCA trips with friends, but never hooked up with any barony per se. I was considering going to an open house for the P.G. County barony.. They have lots of activities that interest me ( even making booze :thumbsup: ) . I just thought I would put out a feeler to see if anyone would wanna go with. I love the ren festivals and wanna spread out to catch ones in other states. I have never done Civil War stuff, but love the history so that would be another area I could get in to. My american history teacher in highschool did it(he was a hottie!) so since then I have been interested.

fttrsbeerwench

nomoney said:
:yeahthat: we're not nerds at all....really. :lol:

The closest to local you're going to find is the 20th Maine. They're based out of chesapeake beach md, but they do the reanactments at PLO (which includes working weekends to upkeep the fort and surrounding areas)...they also do close events in the sourounding areas..I could try to find contact info for you if you're interested...we've been out of it for a few years.
That would be cool to me!! I always wanted to work there or at St. Mary's City doing the full dress living history for kids!!

:happenstolikenerds:

civilwarmommy

I know this reply is a bit late, but I am involved with the 13th VA Cavalry... we do reenactments in VA, NC, PA, and MD.
We also do a couple Wild West Reenactments each year.... nothing but FUN!!! :duel:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
fttrsbeerwench said:

I used to play around with the SCA, but don't have time really anymore. It was fun bashing each other with sticks. :yay:

fttrsbeerwench

I tried out SCA.. my only problem was not knowing anyone who was as in to it as I am..Civil war too. I would be interested in takling about it more, just let me know.