Ehrlich Next Maryland Governor

Rich of Waldorf

Yes, indeed! Bob Ehrlich and Michael Steele are going to replace Glendening and Townsend in Annapolis. If you want to say that you voted for the winner, vote for Ehrlich on November 5.

demsformd

I'll tell you right now, I will vote for a yellow dog before I vote for that pro-gambling, hypocritical man. Anyway, my woman is gonna win, John Zogby just said so on MSNBC. I say go with the true team and not the Republican team of Ehrlich and his lackey.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by demsformd
I say go with the true team and not the Republican team of Ehrlich and his lackey.

Let's see - KKKT's running mate was a REPUBLICAN until the week before becoming her running mate. Hmmm...that's a TRUE team if I ever saw one. :lol:

Katherine - you got some 'splaining to do!

watercolor

yeah yeah
I'll tell you right now, I will vote for a yellow dog before I vote for that pro-gambling, hypocritical man. Anyway, my woman is gonna win, John Zogby just said so on MSNBC. I say go with the true team and not the Republican team of Ehrlich and his lackey.

well those same words with a big fat H on the hypocritical ....goes for the dem's

Now run along sweetie...its way past your bedtime. Dont forget your pull up:wink:

Last edited:

Warron

I will vote for a yellow dog before I vote for that pro-gambling

What's wrong with gambling? Last time I checked, noone was forced to throw their money away.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Warron

What's wrong with gambling? Last time I checked, noone was forced to throw their money away.

Scared that people will start playing slots instead of Bingo...

watercolor

yeah yeah
GO ERLICH...GO ERLICH!!!
*does cabbage patch*

hey DEMSforMD.....WE WON!!!! (just thought I would rub it in a little) :wink:

SmallTown

Football season!
I know i'm such a cold hearted guy.. But last night I was watching the news and kept seeing the KKT people together doing all kinds of celebrations when she had the early lead.. Then had to crack a spiteful smile when they announced she was losing and see them all go from joyous to heads down in a matter of seconds.

Hahaha.. Thanks for playing.. good-bye!

K

Kain99

Originally posted by watercolor23
hey DEMSforMD.....WE WON!!!! (just thought I would rub it in a little) :wink:

Just in case you missed this.....
Hey Demsformd We won!

This makes all the pain of reading your posts worth it!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Wonder if Smcdem and Demsformd will be returing now that the election is over or will it be about two years before we hear from them again?

B

Bruzilla

I know that the laws of politeness require us to extend our hand to those who lost the election, but I think that for today we can extend the middle finger of that hand. We can kiss and make up tomorrow. :biggrin:

STMLADY

Republican!

I stayed up to watch the results. What a great feeling to know the stickers on the back of my car were all winners. And KKT, your speach on ballistic testing...take that back to the Kennedy Compound.

I am glad that Ehrlich won, I think he and Michael Steele have been total gentleman throughout the election. I see good things happening out of Annapolis and look forward to the next 4 years and another 8 after that.

demsformd

Well, congratulations, I am glad that the other side could feel the excitement of victory. Don' t let it sink in, we're gonna take it right back in four years. Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley will carry the election in 2006 (unless some scandal darkens his clean name) because of his support from blacks and the city.
As I watched TV, I saw Clarence Mitchell and the other five blacks at the Ehrlich celebration and I just couldn't help to think: "I cannot wait until you are betrayed." Ehrlich is gonna have a hard tenure sadly and many of his Democratic friends will soon feel left out in the rain. I understand your happiness and I know the feeling that you have right now (I have had that feeling every governor's election since 1966). But humblings always come, just as the one that I have received, and be prepared.
I truly hope that Mr. Ehrlich finds success in Annapolis but I think that the cards are stacked against him. So, good luck Governor Ehrlich.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That was big of you, Dems. :cheers:

But I think you're going to find that Ehrlich will make a great Governor, unless you're into things like increased taxes, big deficits, crime and welfare. He plays nicely with others and has a history of working well with other party members. I like him and I like Mike Steele too.

STMLADY

A new era of how things are run

I have to disagree with you Dems. I think Ehrlich brings to Annapolis, the willingness to work with both parties. I don't think any one will be left out in the cold. He has a tough road because of Glendenning. You have to admit, he didn't do much good to help Maryland.

F

Flo

When I went to bed at 10 a.m. on Tuesday night, Channel 5 (Fox News) had Kathleen winning by 50 percent to Erlich's 49 percent, with only 16 percent of the vote in. The reporter stated that there was a celebration party. I said, "Give Me A Break...one percentage point, and only 16 percent of the vote in," and cut the tv off. I was sure it would have been a Kennedy-Townsend win, and dreaded the thought of what Maryland would be like! I was surprised and relieved in waking Wednesday morning, and did a big "YES!!":biggrin:

For the most part, I was satisfied locally and nationally.