Queen

mAlice

professional daydreamer
cattitude said:
They are not the same without Freddie Mercury. :sad:

Of course not, but I think they'll be good. I always thought they should get Danny Elfman as their front man, but I'm sure Elfman doesn't need them.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
In high school I used to be totally into Queen. Bought all their albums, went to two of their concerts, cut out pictures of Freddie Mercury and pasted them on my books, did all kinds of crap like that. I mean.... I reallllly liked Queen, especially Freddie Mercury.

Then he died.

Imagine my surprise to find out that he was a gay man and had died of AIDS. Seriously, I had NO idea. It just wasn't in my scope of thought to think of him - or anyone - as gay.

My best friend was like... "T, you saw him in person, you knew what he was like. Didn't the name of the band give it away."

I had never put two and two together. :dork:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BadGirl said:

Nothing to put together. The name of the band has nothing to do with anyone's sexual orientation.

Ponytail

BadGirl said:
In high school I used to be totally into Queen. Bought all their albums, went to two of their concerts, cut out pictures of Freddie Mercury and pasted them on my books, did all kinds of crap like that. I mean.... I reallllly liked Queen, especially Freddie Mercury.

Then he died.

Imagine my surprise to find out that he was a gay man and had died of AIDS. Seriously, I had NO idea. It just wasn't in my scope of thought to think of him - or anyone - as gay.

My best friend was like... "T, you saw him in person, you knew what he was like. Didn't the name of the band give it away."

Don't feel bad. I didn't find out till my senior year in high school, that my favorite art teacher, that I had all through elementary school, was gay. I went on this little "save the art teacher" rampage when I heard that they "let him go" only to find out that he was brought up on charges for child molestation. The look on my face when they said "Dude, you COULDN'T have thought all this time that he was straight." :ohwell: I just remember thinking that he was a little strange, but he was REALLY nice, and he REALLY liked my art work. I even got a "lifetime achievement" award from him when graduating elementary school (8th grade graduataion) for my art work! :lol: