Paulownia / Empress trees.

Nanny Pam

Attn: Nursery owners.
I need about 15 or 20 trees. Seedlings to 5 gal. size. All the same. (Paulownia)
I perfer the ones that grow to 60 '.
e-mail me if you will be getting any in this Spring.
nannypam123@juno.com

TIA

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:tantrum: Do you not know that there is a classified section on this website, lady? :jet:

if I don't give you chit, I can't give it to anyone else. :huggy:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Wickedwrench said:
You mean people actually pay for those things? They grow wild all over most of the properties in my neck of the woods.
I bought some of them and my BH almost killed me. Be very careful where you plant them. They get into the septic lines and have to be cut out. VERRRRY expensive. I bought some leyland cypress from Ron's Nursery on Ebay. Very good deal. If you can't find him, let me know. Those other trees can be found in just about any magazine."Grows 5 feet a year!"

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Has anyone else heard that those trees are really valuable when they get older? I've heard rumor of either violin makers or Japanese Shinto dudes paying BIG BUCKS (like 10 grand in one instance) for these trees if they are grown in dense forested areas and have long straight sections without branches.

I kind of like the enormous heart shaped leaves and the pretty purple flowers in the springtime though! :dance:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I have three. I got the seedlings from a friend in VA. She says her and her neighbors have had them stolen right from their yards. Not even mature trees.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
tlatchaw said:
Has anyone else heard that those trees are really valuable when they get older? I've heard rumor of either violin makers or Japanese Shinto dudes paying BIG BUCKS (like 10 grand in one instance) for these trees if they are grown in dense forested areas and have long straight sections without branches.

I kind of like the enormous heart shaped leaves and the pretty purple flowers in the springtime though! :dance:
Yes, the wood from these trees is VERY expensive but I don't think anybody around here cuts and sells the wood. They are very hard for the sawmills to cut, that's why they don't do it. I love the leaves on them too. I'm down to one now we had to kill the others that grew into the septic lines. I am real lucky I survived that one!!!

Nanny Pam

Nanny Pam said:
Attn: Nursery owners.
I need about 15 or 20 trees. Seedlings to 5 gal. size. All the same. (Paulownia)
I perfer the ones that grow to 60 '.
e-mail me if you will be getting any in this Spring.
nannypam123@juno.com

TIA

OK. I seeded 34 peat pots about a month ago. Nothing is coming up! I got the seeds off the tree that was in my back yard at the old house.
I wonder what the hold-up is?

YES, the wood is very expensive.

Personally, I just like the tree. The grape cluster flowers and huge leaves are interesting.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Nanny Pam said:
OK. I seeded 34 peat pots about a month ago. Nothing is coming up! I got the seeds off the tree that was in my back yard at the old house.
I wonder what the hold-up is?

YES, the wood is very expensive.

Personally, I just like the tree. The grape cluster flowers and huge leaves are interesting.
let me know how they turn out. If that works, I'll get some seeds from my tree here and plant them somewhere.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
huntr1 said:
Picture of what these trees look like? Anyone?
You can see them here. http://www.cdr3.com/empress/
They are advertised in a lot of magazines bragging how they grow 5 feet in a year. They really do grow very fast and they have huge leaves.Great shade trees. Mine have never bloomed so I really can't describe the flowers on them.

FancyBelle said:
You can see them here. http://www.cdr3.com/empress/
They are advertised in a lot of magazines bragging how they grow 5 feet in a year. They really do grow very fast and they have huge leaves.Great shade trees. Mine have never bloomed so I really can't describe the flowers on them.
Thanks! I have sent an inquiry to the nursery as to whether or not they would be appropriate for hillside stabilization.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
huntr1 said:
Thanks! I have sent an inquiry to the nursery as to whether or not they would be appropriate for hillside stabilization.
I have dealt with Ron's Nursery on Ebay and he is very knowledgeable. I bought some leyland cypress from him and I have sent him several questions and he's great. His email is ronsnursery@yahoo.com

Nanny Pam

In my bedroom right now there are no less than 100 trees growing. Since I planted more than one seed in each pot....they are coming up everywhere. I am planning on thinning them out this weekend. I appreciate everyones help! :flowers:

Nanny Pam said:
In my bedroom right now there are no less than 100 trees growing. Since I planted more than one seed in each pot....they are coming up everywhere. I am planning on thinning them out this weekend. I appreciate everyones help! :flowers:
:yay: Glad to see they are growing.