I don't get it...

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
This slays me: Click

Free to good home. Six year old orange & white male cat. Has been fixed. He's a very good cat & very loving. Very friendly. Inside cat. Has always been very healthy. He gets along great with other cats & dogs. Was raised with another cat & dog. I have to get rid of him soon (next couple of days) because I have just found I am allergic to him. I don't really want to take him to the pound. Email me any questions. Thanks.

How do you "just" find out you're allergic to a cat after six years? :mad:

Would it be too much to expect a grown adult to be a man/woman and admit that they are a lazy SOB who sees their pets as disposable?

I suppose so.

Is there a doctor on the board who can explain to me the medical phenomenon of spontaneous allergic development? It seems to be an excuse used an awful lot...

Foamy

Rules
Club'nBabySeals said:
Is there a doctor on the board who can explain to me the medical phenomenon of spontaneous allergic development? It seems to be an excuse used an awful lot...

I'm not a doctor but I did have a V-8 today and it is because people suck.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
I would guess that the person has always had a stuffy head or the like and JUST went to the doctor to find out why.........my brother had similar issues for most of his life and then found out he was allergic to his shepherd.......he and the dog both got weekly meds to help him cope with it.

Vince

Club'nBabySeals said:
This slays me:
How do you "just" find out you're allergic to a cat after six years? :mad:

Would it be too much to expect a grown adult to be a man/woman and admit that they are a lazy SOB who sees their pets as disposable?

I suppose so.
Perfect example. I've had nose and sinus problems for years. Had surgeries, etc. Just got around to getting allergy tests. Never thought I had allergies. Always thought my sinuses were messed up from too many years in aircraft (the aircon system), but I had the allergy tests and found I was allergic to dust, mold, etc. AND dogs, of which I have two. Never crossed my mind because I don't sneeze when I'm around them. Started the allergy shots about two months ago.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I wish this kitty the best of luck. I could never get rid of my cats, especially after so many years of love they gave me. And there are times I can hardly breathe. But oh well. The people I cant stand are the ones that have to get rid of the 10 year old pet cause of the new baby. I guess having 2 kids is too much for them. And yes all my pets are me kids.

morganj614

Free to good home. Six year old orange & white male cat. Has been fixed. He's a very good cat & very loving. Very friendly. Inside cat. Has always been very healthy. He gets along great with other cats & dogs. Was raised with another cat & dog. I have to get rid of him soon (next couple of days) because I have just found I am allergic to him. I don't really want to take him to the pound. Email me any questions. Thanks.

You take antihistamines, allergy shots but that is a family member!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
What if you could be allergic to people. Would you get rid of your kids? Or take something to fix the problem

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
They could do like the people that live in the neighborhood behind me did. Just move and leave the cat...declawed at that. :sad:

Good thing he knew where to come. That was two years ago. He's the sweetest kitty. He was about 6, according to the vet.

I had no idea where he came from, he just showed up on my deck. If you show up, you get fed. A few weeks ago we were out working in the yard and a guy that lives near where the cat was told us this family loved and left a white cat. Some people.....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Allergies DO just happen.. you can JUST become allergice at any time.. I've taken SUlfa Drugs all my life, as of 3 years ago I am now allergic and can no longer take them.. one of kids has developed a "Whole Milk" allergy..

You can stung by a bee 20 times, and the 21st time have an allergic reaction and die.. chit happens!!

K

Kain99

Club'nBabySeals said:
This slays me:
People develop allerigies al the time... One day you're eating strawberries and the next - POW! Really. :kiss:

S

Shutterbug

Kain99 said:
People develop allerigies al the time... One day you're eating strawberries and the next - POW! Really. :kiss:
Shellfish....6 years ago. One of the worst days of my life. :ohwell:

ocean733

late-onset allergies

I agree that you can develop allergies all of a sudden. (unfortunately, this is from personal experience). :ohwell:

Mikeinsmd

I'm not a Dr. but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. It's a phenomenon called knucklheaditis. Pretty common actually....

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
I'm not a Dr. but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. It's a phenomenon called knucklheaditis. Pretty common actually....

Where is the local Express? Or is this a "Don't Ask/Don't Tell" kind of thing?

:whistle:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
itsbob said:
Allergies DO just happen.. you can JUST become allergice at any time.. I've taken SUlfa Drugs all my life, as of 3 years ago I am now allergic and can no longer take them..
Hey I thought I was a whacko- I just found out about 3 years ago that I am allergic to sulfa drugs too. I've also been wearing the same perfume, for a few years- and I got a new bottle for Christmas and started getting hives on the back of my neck. They could have changed the formula slightly but I was never allergic to it before.

Another thing to consider- maybe she adopted the cat recently...? I didn't see anything saying she had it for 6 yrs.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Shutterbug said:
Shellfish....6 years ago. One of the worst days of my life. :ohwell:
That happened to my dad several years ago. 50-something years old and raised on So. Maryland seafood. Then one night, after eating oysters, he wakes up, can't breath. Wakes Mom and signs to her to call an ambulance. Being a typical guy, he has to be dying, literally, to make that call. Paramedics said he was going in to anyphalaxis, and was minutes from dying when they got there.

As for the cat, because of the constant exposure, I doubt such an allergy is life-threatening. Antihistamenes would probably do the trick. :yay: