The Redskin's Real Problem...

MDindef

What is up with the Redskins?

I'm not against having hired Spurrier, but for how much money in an NFL rookie season? Was that good headwork, in light of how things are turning out so far?

In the meantime, Marty Schottenheimer's having a decent year. Also, anyone know how Brad Johnson's doing?

Not that it matters...out with the old and in with the new!

G

Grits

My thoughts and prayers are with the Skins!

Let me first add......This is in no way a slam against the Redskins or Spurrier!

I think it's disgusting what they are paying Spurrier for his rookie year. It's disgusting and a slap in the face for all the other veteran pro coaches out there! I grew up in Jacksonville, FL for most of my life. I don't about anyone else there, but I was a HUGE college football fan and pulled for the Gators and really like Spurrier, and still think the salary issue is absurd! I was really pulling for your Skins, as I wanted Spurrier to have a great first year in the pros, even if it meant beating the Jaguars!

I know.......Send Spurrier back to Florida and we'll send badass Coughlin :barf:to you.....o.k.......thought you'd think that way!!!!

G

giggles04

I'm just glad that my Packers are doing great!
Sad to see the Redskins the way they are this year

Otter

Nothing to see here
Spurrier will be fine in the long run, but right now, he's holding the redskins back with his pathetic play calling. I didn't come into this season with any expectations so I look at this year as a long exhibition season to next year. If you wanna see the next 'great' head coach, check out Maryland....:cheers:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ralphie!!

I agree! Let's hope Maryland will be able to hang onto him but $$ talks!

Wonder what Danny boy thinks of his new coach. Doesn't he visit these forums every now and then?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Spurrier has no QB. Spurrier has no top caliber WR's. Spurrier has, at best, a piece meal offensive line.

Spurrier has a brand new defensive coach (in addition, obviously, to the offense having a brand new system).

At Florida (Miami, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Nebraska, all the power house schools) he consistently had superior athletes. Mike Martz has a recent Super Bowl winner, loaded with stallions, at his disposal (Rams) and they are struggling. His O line is a wreck.

My point is that you don't just show up in the NFL and win every week. I can understand the shock at just "buying" what you want (Danny!) and then saying "how come it didn't work?” I think that's good: It's not just about the money, it's about building a team in the age of free agency: Offense, defense and special teams.

Spurriers system will work (win Super Bowl) when he has a quarterback who gets the ball there, receivers who can get separation and a line that can give the QB time.

The defense will be very good as long as Sherm stays. He leaves next year (likely) they start all over again with 1/2 the team.

Every single team is trying to win, ever week. 1/2 the teams, every week, fail. At the end of the year, all of them fail, except for one.

This is a very tough, unforgiving business.

Yes, this ain't college ball, but, I'd like to have him as coach for the next three years.

Otter

Nothing to see here
What is up with the Redskins?

I'm not against having hired Spurrier, but for how much money in an NFL rookie season? Was that good headwork, in light of how things are turning out so far?

In the meantime, Marty Schottenheimer's having a decent year. Also, anyone know how Brad Johnson's doing?

Not that it matters...out with the old and in with the new!

:goodtimes:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Yep, Ralph is a top notch coach and Spurrier turned out just fine!! I bet Zorn will too.