Does your cat do this??

Eco2

I'm Baaaack!
I need to know if I am the proud owner of a complete freak, or if maybe other cats do this...

My cat Kiwi, he's a freak. He loves to steal my hair elastics and play with them, but the kicker is, when he's done and tired, he brings it to the water bowl. Once he's done drinking, he throws the elastic in, reason being I'm thinking because he thinks if he's tired and thirsty, his toy must be as well. It's a very habitual behavior he has going on.

Pandora, my other cat, isn't so pleased when she needs a drink, she's older and crabby....

Please tell me someone else's cat does this, I think he may need counselling. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My cat Trixie LOVES rubber bands. You shoot one, then she'll go get it and bring it back. We call her our little retriever kitty. :lmao:

Vince

Eco2 said:
Please tell me someone else's cat does this, I think he may need counselling. :lmao:

Cat needs psychiatric help, or maybe she just fell on her head one time too many. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our cats do that - they'll nab a hair tie and drop it in their water dish. They do that with cellophane wrappers, too. There's all kinds of crap floating in their water dish.

They also have an aversion to eating out of the food dish. They'll take some kibble and put it on the floor, then eat it off the floor. I thought it was because they didn't like their food dish for some reason, so I gave them a different one. Same thing. :ohwell:

K

Kizzy

Eco2 said:
I need to know if I am the proud owner of a complete freak, or if maybe other cats do this...

My cat Kiwi, he's a freak. He loves to steal my hair elastics and play with them, but the kicker is, when he's done and tired, he brings it to the water bowl. Once he's done drinking, he throws the elastic in, reason being I'm thinking because he thinks if he's tired and thirsty, his toy must be as well. It's a very habitual behavior he has going on.

Pandora, my other cat, isn't so pleased when she needs a drink, she's older and crabby....

OMG my cat does this too. It is nasty. :lol: My hair bands are the elastic kind with a fabric coating, so sometimes, they sit in that water bowl all day and get icky. :lmao:

Vince

vraiblonde said:
Our cats do that - they'll nab a hair tie and drop it in their water dish. They do that with cellophane wrappers, too. There's all kinds of crap floating in their water dish.

They also have an aversion to eating out of the food dish. They'll take some kibble and put it on the floor, then eat it off the floor. I thought it was because they didn't like their food dish for some reason, so I gave them a different one. Same thing. :ohwell:
One of my stupid dogs does the same thing. She'll grab one bite out of her dish, run behind the dinning room table, eat it, and run back to her dish for another bite. Eats the whole dish of food like that. I think it's brain damaged. :lmao:

Eco2 said:

I had one that used to play w/ mine and she liked you to shoot them so she could leap up and get them. She too would drop them in the water bowl, but she did it when there was water in it and stand there until it sank then bring the nasty thing and drop it on you to shoot again.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Mine do the same crazy thing. It drives me up the wall. I think I sweep up as much kibble as they eat, the little bastages. :burning:

Eco2

I'm Baaaack!
:lmao: you have all consoled me, Kiwi is normal apparently. Who knew, crazy cat.

~edited due to early morning spelling~

Last edited:

Eco2

I'm Baaaack!
So true. He thinks he's Jaques Villeneuve most of time, the race track being my hallway, then couch, then top of the bookcase, and over again....

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Mine doesn't drop anything in the bowl, but instead he checks the bowl for water. He lifts the bowl up by the rim and drops it to watch the water flow back and forth. Whenever I hear BANG, BANG, BANG in the kitchen, I'll yell "Sunny, just drink!"

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Off topic ever so slightly, but does anybody think it weird that I feed my dog her canned dog food from a spoon? If I put the food in a bowl or on a plate, she'll stare at it until it looks so nasty that I throw it out. However, if I open up a can and feed her by spoon, she'll gooble up the food in no time at all. She'd rather go hungry than eat from her bowl.

Eco2

I'm Baaaack!
HAHAH!!! There is also a big hoopla that goes on noise wise in my kitchen. John gets so mad when the bowl is in the middle of the kitchen walkway. I dunno, it's like kiwi drags it there just to pi$$ him off. :lmao:

And he also spills it everywhere in the interim.....You don't want to see John (Thoth) with wet socks, not a friendly site!!!

K

Kizzy

BadGirl said:
Off topic ever so slightly, but does anybody think it weird that I feed my dog her canned dog food from a spoon? If I put the food in a bowl or on a plate, she'll stare at it until it looks so nasty that I throw it out. However, if I open up a can and feed her by spoon, she'll gooble up the food in no time at all. She'd rather go hungry than eat from her bowl.

Pets are no different than people, they all have different and strange quarks about them. :razz:

Eco2

I'm Baaaack!
Oh man, does she do that for regular food to, or just wet food?

I can't imagine having to spoon feed me beasts!!!
Beasts because they are named pandora and kiwi, but when my mom cares for them, it oddly (and fittingly) becomes Panzilla and Freako lol.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I read the first couple of posts in this thread this morning, and I swear my cat must have been reading over my shoulder, because 15 minutes later, I had to take a rubber band away from him.