8-mile

E

ez_one20690

I went and saw 8-MILE last night with my daughter (who is a huge Eminem fan). I really didn't think I was going to like it, but it turned out that it was pretty good. Of course the language was terrible, but the movie as a whole was pretty good.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by RoseRed
I heard that the soundtrack rocks....

I just got the soundtrack today... and I love it!!!! Going to hopefully see the movie this weekend.

K

Kain99

I'm right there with ya! Eminem has been banned from our house for years.... I took the kids to see it hoping to proove my point that he was a bad guy! Boy was I in for a suprise! I Loved this movie and I am a Movie Nut..... 8 Mile ranks right up there with the best of em'

K

Kizzy

I knew I would find this thread if I looked hard enough.

I just saw this movie over the weekend. I watched it twice just incase I missed the plot the first time and I didn't miss it, because it just wasn't there. I was a bit disappointed. If I was to assign stars, I would say this was a 3 ½ star movie on a 5 star scale. Eminem did a good job acting in the movie and bits and pieces of it were very good, especially when they are rapping outside the house when they were fixing his car, but over all, the movie missed a plot in my opinion. Now the soundtrack is great!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bluto
I don't wanna see any rapper in a movie except Ice Cube.
:yeahthat: He did a great job in Barbershop - I loved the movie - it was funny, sad, and had a great plot.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I must admit I wasn't all that impressed either. The music was ok, but the acting wasn't that great. Eminem did ok for his first time but its not an Academy performance or anything. Maybe its just me but I am just not sure why I didn't like it but its not something I would ever watch again.

Satine

I liked this movie. Sure it may not have had a strong plot like say gladiator but hello there aren't many movies nowadays taht do. American Pie had about the same strong plot as did 8Mile. I think a lot of people liked that as well so there you go. Eminem and Brittany Murphy did a wonderful job. The music was excellent and seeign rap battles is something that i never knew about and was fascinated to see it.

Satine

No actually I am not but if there is a god in heaven she would let me get paid to watch movies!

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Personally, I didn't think the movie was that great. I actually bought it for my husband and it was a BIG disappointment! Too bad I can't return it! I also thought that they should've picked somebody rather than Britney Murphy to play his skank.

Satine

good lord give me a break. Anna Nicole couldn't play a skank in a movie if she had all the money in the world. so she just has to settle with being a skank in real life. plus i don't thein eminem would EVER do a love scene with her. i dont think he could lift her.
eww now i am stuck with that image thanks.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by Satine
good lord give me a break. Anna Nicole couldn't play a skank in a movie if she had all the money in the world. so she just has to settle with being a skank in real life. plus i don't thein eminem would EVER do a love scene with her. i dont think he could lift her.
eww now i am stuck with that image thanks.

it was a joke - really. i was just simply saying that murphy doesn't fit the image (to me) of being em's GF. she's kinda doofy, that's why i said that.

Satine

nope not mad at all i jstu thought that was funny/gross taht taht's the first person you thought of.

I liked Brittany in this role cause she is very sexual and that suited her. I think you might still have the child version of her from clueless in your mind LOL!!! :biggrin:

no worries~

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by Satine
nope not mad at all i jstu thought that was funny/gross taht taht's the first person you thought of.

I liked Brittany in this role cause she is very sexual and that suited her. I think you might still have the child version of her from clueless in your mind LOL!!! :biggrin:

no worries~

all i keep thinking is...."i'll never tell"

Ponytail

Blast from the past I know, but I just saw this movie last night for the first time, and though it was really good! I'll be buying it, for sure.

Good music, and never dull. For Em's first effort, I though he did a fantastic job!