Ebenezer Jacks?!?

D

dems4me

Ok... like some folks... I am one of those that sometimes buy the cereal for the toy (a nic nack for the desk at work or a toy for a friend's kid, etc..) and the same theory for Cracker Jacks - except that's always supposed to be a surprise.

A surprise indeed!!!! Which brings me to my question - has Ebenezer or ASPCA taken over Cracker Jack toy production lately? I was thinking I'd get some stickers or a tatooe to blur the skin red, green and blue, or some picture that you move in angles and it appears to move, etc... but ALL THREE packages of Cracker Jacks I opened up this weekend had the following for a toy...

On the outside it said - "Extreme Pet" and then you rip it apart to see what's inside and it was a picture of a cute black lab, a cute white lab and an adorable brown lab... all abandoned and homeless and looking for someone to adopt them... I was sad :bawl:

I can't imagine if I was a kid that actually thought I had won these dogs and tried to explain to parents or something how this is what I had one and we need to go get them... what's up with this? :confused:

What's the deal with this being the toy? I understand awareness of homeless pets, etc... but does it really need to be the Cracker Jack toy :shrug: :frown: I am torn as to whether I should start calling them Ebenezer Jacks or AspcaJacks from here on out... :ohwell: :frown: Anyone else get this sad prize? Three times in a row :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dems4me

kwillia said:

Thanks :huggy: but at least he got a sticker :mad: These toys are terribly depressing :bawl: I don't want those kind of toys :mad: What if I had a kid that opened these thinking he'd won all three of these dogs... isn't it supposed to be a prize... whether it be a sticker, a crappy joke.. something other than a depresant. :frown: :shrug: In the next bag, I was expecting some cool pics of homeless folks starving to death in the street or something. :shrug: These new toys are disturbing and one of the only 5 candy coated peanuts ended up chipping a tooth :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: