Shameless homework help

Snow Shovel

My son has a pair of home work problems (tricks, really) that I am trying to help him with and we are not having any luck. Take 7, 8, 3, and 4. Combine them anyway (add, subtract, multiple or divide.) Use every number once but only once and the answer must be 24. I can't figure it out. The other problem is 1, 2, 2, and 8. Same ground rules, must come up to 24.

Tried building an Excel spreadsheet, but still couldn't find 24.

Any help?:biggrin:

K

Kain99

On the first problem... Any chance the answer could be 22? Ugggghhhh... I feel for ya!

K

Kain99

Got it again....

((2-1)+2)x8=24

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kain99

Crap your right I was just so frickin proud of myself my fingers went haywire! Most of ya know it's a rare day I get any glory.....:rolleyes:

K

Kain99

Don't feel bad Snowshovel... Homework Sucks! That was not an easy problem! I'm personally still reeling that I figured it out! The planets must have been aligned just right.:razz2:

Snow Shovel

Yes, homework sucks especially over the weekend. All the other stuff has been do-able without much trouble. History, reading, social studies. Even semi comical, some of the historical events that I lived through, now people who did good then are elevated to super hero status.

But math never was my strong suit, those problems gave me a lot of trouble. Thanks again for helping me get this done so we could go hit lazer tag.