Just a Public Service Reminder

D

dems4me

As a reminder... PLEEASEEE go slowly through the residential areas -- there may be cats and dogs running in the road. Sunday I went down the drive way and by the mailbox I saw some huge vultures dragging something and ripping something, and it flopping to the ground. It was one of my cats that I've taken in for 5 years. The vultures were ripping the flesh off its end hole and around. From the looks of it... my poor baby had been runned over. What bothers me even more is 1) noone stopped (if they did ,it was to put her in my yard) and 2) there wasn't even any skid marks... :bawl: Just letting y'all know so you can keep an eye out for the little creatures... sometimes they forget to look both ways or might be chasing a butterfly a mouse or something and get caught up in the moment ... we are the adults and are the one's that should know better... if in a residential area... please slow down. :frown:

Dems, I'm sorry for your loss. :frown: But the reality is outdoor cats that live near the roads are bound to live an abnormally short life...:frown: You can't blame the cars...:frown:

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
Dems, I'm sorry for your loss. :frown: But the reality is outdoor cats that live near the roads are bound to live an abnormally short life...:frown: You can't blame the cars...:frown:

Noone is blaming the cars.

It's a heavily residential area and people fly down the road all the time, I walk the dog at night and see them fly by and fear for the cats and other domestic pets. It's not like I live on a highway or even close to one... :frown:

I don't blame the cars :crazy: I blame the drivers.... couldn't they have stopped? Put on the breaks? Something? Azzholes :burning:

dems4me said:
I don't blame the cars :crazy: I blame the drivers.... couldn't they have stopped? Put on the breaks? Something? Azzholes :burning:
Dems, you know very well that cats tend to dart out in the road. I'm sorry for your loss, but that doesn't mean it was the driver's fault. That's all I'm saying. Oh yeah, I do agree with you that people should be driving the speed limit on all roads. You wouldn't believe how many people exceed the speed limit on a regular basis these days. :cussing:

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
Dems, you know very well that cats tend to dart out in the road. I'm sorry for your loss, but that doesn't mean it was the driver's fault. That's all I'm saying. Oh yeah, I do agree with you that people should be driving the speed limit on all roads. You wouldn't believe how many people exceed the speed limit on a regular basis these days. :cussing:

Kids do the same thing from time to time... that's why the drivers in "RESIDENTIAL" (felt the need to clarify after my speeding ticket in nonresidential) should slow the fock down. :frown: Shiat happens and always will happen but my poor little kitty is gone and I burried her yesterday. I was just trying to remind folks to slow down in residential areas... :frown: It wasn't a pretty sight, it put me in flashback mode from where I saw my puppy get runned over as a kid and everything was in slow motion. This time it was slow motion where I couldn't get those nasty vultures off her soon enough to leave her alone until I could get something to put her in. :bawl:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
I'll second Dems plea to slow down in residential areas. Cats...dogs...kids....

Kids are the only one on the list that don't require a leash in Calvert. Some of them should. :lol:

Sorry about your cat Dems, would you like one of my strays? :huggy: