Quick & easy snacks?

LucyS.

taking a coffee break
Anyone have suggestions on food that is ideal for always being on the go, or food that is basically quick and easy but healthy? I read somewhere about eat raw green beans but that just sounds odd.

Agee

Raw veggies not appealing try this.

Toss them in a pot of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Then transfer to an ice bath. This will halt the cooking process, brings out the colors, and they will still have a crisp bite to them. Works great with Green Beans, Asparagus, Broccoli, Carrots, Snow Peas, etc.

Celery sticks with Peanut Butter are tasty.

LucyS.

taking a coffee break
I love the celery and peanut butter -- we put raisins on them, and call them "ants on a log" -- isn't that cute?

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
Anyone ever tried dried peas? I thought they would be nasty, but they taste kind of like peanuts. Good luck finding them anywhere in Southern Maryland though.

morganj614

cholo said:
Anyone ever tried dried peas? I thought they would be nasty, but they taste kind of like peanuts. Good luck finding them anywhere in Southern Maryland though.

McKays in Lexinton Park carries dried peas in a wasabi coating and they are highly addictive.

shone

morganj614 said:
McKays in Lexinton Park carries dried peas in a wasabi coating and they are highly addictive.
The wasabi peas can be bought fresh in bulk from the health food store in Leonardtown. Yes, They are highly additive and great with beer. :cheers:

morganj614

shone said:
The wasabi peas can be bought fresh in bulk from the health food store in Leonardtown. Yes, They are highly additive and great with beer. :cheers:

Hi Shone. Everyone play nice with him, he's a really good guy!

shone

morganj614 said:
Hi Shone. Everyone play nice with him, he's a really good guy!
Awww.. I didn’t think you cared. Actually, I wasn't sure, from our talk, if you would remember who this was. Thanks

morganj614

shone said:
Awww.. I didn’t think you cared. Actually, I wasn't sure, from our talk, if you would remember who this was. Thanks

Oh My Gawd, I am not senile! But :gossip: is..lol You even have a PM. I popped your PM cherry!

morganj614

Airgasm said:
Raw veggies not appealing try this.

Toss them in a pot of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Then transfer to an ice bath. This will halt the cooking process, brings out the colors, and they will still have a crisp bite to them. Works great with Green Beans, Asparagus, Broccoli, Carrots, Snow Peas, etc.

Celery sticks with Peanut Butter are tasty.

vBulletin Message
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I have no life until spring is sprung..LOL

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Trail mix is really good for on the go type of food. A fresh fruit bowl is also a good snack! I like to buy balance gold bars as well as luna bars to snack on. There are certain flavors that are awesome!!!

dolemite

LucyS. said:
Anyone have suggestions on food that is ideal for always being on the go, or food that is basically quick and easy but healthy? I read somewhere about eat raw green beans but that just sounds odd.
:banana: banana's are good