Male or Female friendlier

S

starr

My sister has shown in interest in adopting a kittie. Her bf instructored her to get a male because he said they were friendlier. I worked for a vet and currently house sit for many kitty households and think she should pick the cat for the personality not the gender. What do you guys think?

morganj614

starr said:
My sister has shown in interest in adopting a kittie. Her bf instructored her to get a male because he said they were friendlier. I worked for a vet and currently house sit for many kitty households and think she should pick the cat for the personality not the gender. What do you guys think?

I think she should get 2 so they can each have a friend :howdy:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
it depends on the cat......my cat is a male and he is only lovey when he wants attention. A coworker of mine has both and the female is the friendlier of the two.

S

starr

jwwb2000 said:
my cat has a doggie friend
Her cat will have a doggie friend too! She is going to take the dog when/if she goes to meet the cat to make sure things go well. The dog is a wuss.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
starr said:
Her cat will have a doggie friend too! She is going to take the dog when/if she goes to meet the cat to make sure things go well. The dog is a wuss.

we had the cat first but got the dog as a pup so he doesn't know any different than to play nice with kitty :lol:

here is a pic cute

S

starr

So cute! They kinda have similar coloring. I love little pugs. We used to have one board at the vet all the time named Mrs. Piggy. She was one of my favorites.

John Z

if you will
starr said:
pick the cat for the personality not the gender.

:yeahthat:

We've had many cats, and there doesn't seem to be a gender-specific trend as to which ones are sweet.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
If they are fixed it's all the same. Having 4 cats myself, I can assure you---they have personalities all their own. It doesn't matter whether they are male or female.

M

mitchiba

Does the sex make a difference if I use them for target prectice? :shrug:

JK ( doglover)

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
jwwb2000 said:
we had the cat first but got the dog as a pup so he doesn't know any different than to play nice with kitty :lol:

here is a pic cute

Does Jabba know about this site? She has great pics of her pug!

D

dems4me

Chasey_Lane said:
I've always had better luck with male cats and female dogs.

:yeahthat: males for cats, ducks and rabbits, females for dogs, goats and hens :smile: Good luck! :smile:

Eco2

I'm Baaaack!
I've always had friendly male cats, We got pandora a while ago, and she wasn't only mean, she was down right vicious! We also have kiwi who is a complete idiot but firendly lunatic

I vote a male cat is a safer bet for friendlyness!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
mitchiba said:
Does the sex make a difference if I use them for target prectice? :shrug:

Better make sure they're declawed before you try that. (Or shoot them first.)

:twitch:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
starr said:

Pick the kitten based in their individual personality and not their sex.

When I went kitty shopping, the Well Pet Center had some female kittens that were scared of their own shadow. They would run and hide, bury their head in your arms, etc. The next place I went to was a mennonite nursery who happened to be giving away kittens that day. When I walked up to the box, there was one kitten left, and she looked up and meow'd at me like "where in the heck have you been - I've been waiting and picked over all day."

Needless to say, she is now the queen of the house.

G

gigglestick

Oz said:
Pick the kitten based in their individual personality and not their sex.

When I went kitty shopping, the Well Pet Center had some female kittens that were scared of their own shadow. They would run and hide, bury their head in your arms, etc. The next place I went to was a mennonite nursery who happened to be giving away kittens that day. When I walked up to the box, there was one kitten left, and she looked up and meow'd at me like "where in the heck have you been - I've been waiting and picked over all day."

Needless to say, she is now the queen of the house.

That is such a lovely story :smile: