• Scale Models

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Model Railroading

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Model Rocketry

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Radio-Controlled Models

• Other Model Building/Collecting (describe)

• None of the above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

HollowSoul

Railroad said:
Which do you do? Why?
not really a model fan......
but leggo's:banana:
ever since i was about 5-6, all i ever wanted was leggo's for x-mas/birthday/whatever...i currently have around 4or 500lbs of leggo's

(im a nerd...i know)

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
HollowSoul said:
not really a model fan......
but leggo's:banana:
ever since i was about 5-6, all i ever wanted was leggo's for x-mas/birthday/whatever...i currently have around 4or 500lbs of leggo's

(im a nerd...i know)
Cool!! :yay: That qualifies as "Other types of modeling" IMHO! Cast yer vote!

Nope, not a nerd!

H

HollowSoul

also into collecting chess sets/pewter figures"dragons-wizards-ect"/knives & swords-Gill Hibbons is a blade designing icon

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
also into collecting chess sets/pewter figures"dragons-wizards-ect"/knives & swords-Gill Hibbons is a blade designing icon

The spouse and I are into much the same. We've set aside an entire "hobby room" for all this crap....though we stick mostly to weaponry.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I wanted to have a hobby but I don't think the wife would let me pole models. :biggrin:

B

baswm

I have boxes and boxes of trains and accessories. Mostly from the 60's. Different scales. My moms friend who had a son lost interest long time ago and she gave them to my mom for me when I would be old enough to enjoy them. I never had a big enough area to set them up completely for an extended period of time. When I build by new home, I will have the room to set it up right and let my son's have fun with it. :yay:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
I have a few train sets.....my N scale is my favorite. :yay:

I also collect knives and have a couple swords too.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I used to build the wooden ship models. Wound up losing them during my first divorce and never got back into it. The kits have gotten quite expensive.
I curently enyoy my 1:1 scale motorcycle.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I have S, HO, and N trains and the track to run them on. In HO, I have a 16 x 16 loft over the garage which is pretty much filled with a permanent, highly detailed HO layout. If I recall correctly, it's like 5 scale miles of track.

I did have an N scale layout, but had to tear it down when we remodeled the house (needed the storage space).

Kathy's condition now precludes spending the hours needed for model railroading, either in the loft or in the shop (where the N scale layout once was). I'm trying to gently coerce her into letting me have a small N scale layout inside the house here. We'll see about THAT, eh?

The S scale set was manufactured by American Flyer in 1957, the year I was born. That set is packed away and will probably stay that way. I got everything working perfectly before I packed it away, though.

So now I'm into scale models and model rockets, because I can work on either right here in the house. (As a matter of fact, today would be a good day to slip over to Dorsey Park for another launch!)

H

HollowSoul

Club'nBabySeals said:
The spouse and I are into much the same. We've set aside an entire "hobby room" for all this crap....though we stick mostly to weaponry.
a buddy of mine out bid me on an auction once....
the item up for bid.....the actual raven knife kano used in mortal combat the movie used against sonya....
and my brother has the actual sword that saftypin neck had in the 1st highlander

Cloud9

No, not too detailed, it is supposed to be a good starter home for beginners (It is called "The Willow"). However, it takes alot more detail than I anticipated. I think I should have started with something a little smaller. I am having fun with it though. It is just taking longer than I thought it would.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Cloud9 said:
No, not too detailed, it is supposed to be a good starter home for beginners (It is called "The Willow"). However, it takes alot more detail than I anticipated. I think I should have started with something a little smaller. I am having fun with it though. It is just taking longer than I thought it would.
Glad you're enjoying it!!