Is it tackey

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
To put curtains over blinds? Everything conveyed with the house. We have really nice wood blinds and the previous owners only had a valance (sp?) at the top. It looks nice but it doesn't go with my decor. I'm a more modern kinda girl and they're floral. Would it look bad to put regular curtains up and have them tied back?

I'm horrible at decorating.... Someone please come and do it for me. :lol:

morganj614

pixiegirl said:
To put curtains over blinds? Everything conveyed with the house. We have really nice wood blinds and the previous owners only had a valance (sp?) at the top. It looks nice but it doesn't go with my decor. I'm a more modern kinda girl and they're floral. Would it look bad to put regular curtains up and have them tied back?

What do you pay??

morganj614

pixiegirl said:

I went shopping w/GF last night to help her pick out paint and all the trimmings for her bedroom. There is nothing I like better than shopping with someone else's money..Well there is ONE thing.. :lmao:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I have a valance over my wood blinds ... is this your snotty way of telling me to redecorate? :mad:

:razz:

Personally, I think the valance over blinds has a "cleaner" & "less cluttered" look vs curtains over blinds ... unless you're going for the smoking room/rich b!tch library effect. :lol:

Nanny Pam

pixiegirl said:

Take that crap down and put tin foil over the windows. :shrug:

I heard it's OK to do that.

:lol:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Nanny Pam said:
Take that crap down and put tin foil over the windows. :shrug:

I heard it's OK to do that.

:nono: only in the g-hetto ... pix done got her a house in a nice 'hood. :snapsinzformation:

PrepH4U

morganj614 said:
I went shopping w/GF last night to help her pick out paint and all the trimmings for her bedroom. There is nothing I like better than shopping with someone else's money..Well there is ONE thing.. :lmao:
tea & crumpets maybe? :lol:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I thought black trash bags over the windows were en vouge. Either that or American flags! :patriot:

somdcrab

morganj614 said:
oh gawd no don't request the bottle of md 20-20 again :yikes: :flush:

morganj614

somdcrab said:
oh gawd no don't request the bottle of md 20-20 again :yikes: :flush:

I got paid in beer..only 4 but it was Tuesday and I don't drink except on Fridays and Sat. and maybe a few during the race on Sunday... :dead:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Or, to make this project somewhat inexpensive: if you actually do like the valances (aside from the fabric selection), just recover them. It is VERY easy to do. That way, you could choose from thousands of fabric swatches to find the perfect selection for your home, and yet you can still enjoy the pretty [and expensive] wood blinds that are currently hanging in your room. If you want to go this way, give me a shout out - I'd be glad to help with the project. I love that kind of stuff. :yay:

Christy

b*tch rocket
BadGirl said:
Or, to make this project somewhat inexpensive: if you actually do like the valances (aside from the fabric selection), just recover them. It is VERY easy to do. That way, you could choose from thousands of fabric swatches to find the perfect selection for your home, and yet you can still enjoy the pretty [and expensive] wood blinds that are currently hanging in your room. If you want to go this way, give me a shout out - I'd be glad to help with the project. I love that kind of stuff. :yay:
Oh you pipe down Martha! :duh:

morganj614

shone said:
Inside or outside the house, I have seen what she can come up with while decorating. :yay: :yay: She has a good eye for that "sorta stuff"

Aww shucks, thanks :kisssesbothcheeks: He also has good taste and has a homey place.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
My MIL is the end all and be all of what is appropriate in decorating. (Martha Stewart should take lessons from her) She had blinds with sheers and valances in one room and blinds with curtains, but the curtains stayed drawn back. Drapes which close over blinds would be redundant.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Dymphna said:
My MIL is the end all and be all of what is appropriate in decorating. (Martha Stewart should take lessons from her) She had blinds with sheers and valances in one room and blinds with curtains, but the curtains stayed drawn back. Drapes which close over blinds would be redundant.
I concur. Good thoughts, D!