Ivy the Reindeer Has Been Found

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
TYSONS CORNER, Va. (AP) - It will be a merry Christmas after all at Tysons Corner Center, now that the shopping mall's missing reindeer has been returned.

Ivy, a 19-foot-high, 12-foot-wide inflatable reindeer, had been perched atop the mall's marquee. Sometime late Sunday or early Monday, Ivy was stolen.

Mall officials say it appears the thieves also tried to steal Ivy's twin, Irving, but couldn't do it.

Around 6 a.m. Wednesday, someone called the mall security office with an anonymous tip on where Ivy could be found. The deflated reindeer, bundled in rope, was behind a nearby building. It was being checked for damage.

Mall management had said it would not press charges if Ivy was returned by Saturday.

Fairfax County Police say as far as they're concerned, the case is closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, thank goodness THAT ordeal is over! It sure would have ruined MY Christmas. :razz2:

J

justhangn

Kids playing a prank.......:cool:

I'm glad the little fecalmatters gave it back.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
We have hired an actual reindeer protection squad. There will be 20 to 25 characters who will be guarding Ivy and Irving in costume

I'm skeered, the place is full of elves.

Drivers along Route 7 will see Ivy's guards between 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. until Santa returns to the North Pole on Dec. 24.

What happens when someone wants to steal her at 2 a.m.?