Pay it Forward

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
yay: This movie has been on HBO a few times and I've watched it more than once. Thought it was one of the best I've seen recently.
Very good role-playing by Helen Hunt for sure, her son(same one who plays the robot kid in AI), and the teacher who challenges the kid to enter into the scheme "Pay it Forward" . It's like a pyramid plan, except you do something good for someone who wouldn't normally be able to achieve it themselves, and they in turn go on to someone else and duplicate what you've done for them. Good supporting role in the woman who plays Ms. Hunt's mother. Also runs in threes.
Sad ending, but uplifting as well.

penncam

K

Kizzy

Sad ending is right. If you plan on watching this movie, you better get a box of tissues. It is a great movie.

robot kid in AI

He is a great little actor. I just made a mention of that film in another thread. I thought AI was a pretty good movie.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I liked that movie a lot, but it was almost too hokey to believe. I mean, I know it's the movies, but parts of it were very predictable.

I did like AI, and agree the kid is a great actor!!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by laureng
I liked that movie a lot, but it was almost too hokey to believe. I mean, I know it's the movies, but parts of it were very predictable.

I did like AI, and agree the kid is a great actor!!

:cheers: Well, I think it was supposed to be a case of one of those "feel good" movies; yes parts of it were kinda hokey, but I think the kid did did a fine job of pulling it off. He appeared really thoughtful when asked to explain to his class what the scheme was about. Then there was Helen Hunt's role where she was trying to come to grips with many demons in her life: how to handle her mom, the relationship with her son, the same with her ex-husband, and the growing friendship/attraction to the little boy's teacher.
Many strong character roles all through the movie, but the end was killer. And the first time I saw the movie, I got interrupted while watching it, and did not see the ending! So I picked it up again the next day, I think, and was awed by the way they chose to end it.
Then all the people who came to her house to pay tribute to the little boy and give comfort to Helen Hunt's character
was a good finale to the movie. Thumbs Up!

penn

:cool:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Aw, bring me that box of tissues, now!

Originally posted by laureng
I nearly fell apart when the boy died!!! I'm so d*mned emotional, haha!

:smile: That's ok laureng, to my way of thinking, that is what a good movie is supposed to do! Another one that brought tears to my eyes was Titanic, where near the end of the movie, the character played by Leonard DiCaprio ensures the safety of his Love on that raft until help comes to rescue her. He kept talking to her, keeping her awake so she could signal the rescue crews, and told her in so many words that even though he wouldn't be there to share it with her, their love would go on. (Hence the name of the song Celine Dion sang)
What got me a few days later, playing back that scene in my mind, was that all the time DiCaprio was talking to his Love, keeping her awake, he's slowly dying! He knows it, and yet her safety and living on is more important than his life. You really can't top that for a tearjerker. Wasn't that just precious . . . I can hear Celine singing now . . . . .

penn

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Totally! That movie was definitely a story of TRUE love, and a real tear jerker. I loved it so much I bought it, and haven't taken the time to watch the whole thing again since. I need to take time though, I really did enjoy that flick.