Lost 3/30

spookthis

I was wondering if anyone else caught that Locke was raised in foster homes, but told the boy in the toy store that he and his brother played MouseTrap all the time as kids. Do you suppose that he was referring to a foster brother? This show makes me see meaning in things that don't necessarily mean anything. Good show last night though, lots of interesting new stuff.

Here are the key points from last nights episode...:popcorn:

Locke begins to suffer physical difficulties when it comes to walking as he and Boone try to find a way into the hatch. They go further into the island as Locke thinks he's being sent a sign on how to get the hatch open. Jack is reluctant to offer assistance when Sawyer begins to experience excruciating headaches and needs glasses. In this episode we learn how Locke was paralyzed due to his biological parents schemes, interrelating with the events around the hatch. Lastly, at the end of Locke confronting his troubled past and struggle to open the hatch Boone is seriously injured after an accident involving a plane that they found in the forest.

NOTE: A Locke-centric episode.
Deux Ex Machina= God from the machine; refers to an implausible ending where everything is solved and justice is served.
The episode title is also similar to the title of Chapter 48 of Watership Down "Dea ex Machina." (Watership Down is the book that Sawyer was reading that came from Boone's suitcase).
We fing out that Boone (Ian Somerhalder) had a nanny named Theresa who fell down a flight of stairs and broke her neck.
Maggie Grace (Shannon), Malcolm David Kelley (Walt), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), and Emilie de Ravin (Claire) do not appear in this episode. Naveen Andrews (Sayid) appears, but does not speak.
Locke (Terry O'Quinn) recovers from his paralysis; it seems the Island did not want him to get into the plane.
We find out that Locke's (Terry O'Quinn) father used his mother to subconsciously convice Locke to give him a kidney. Locke finds that his legs cannot be hurt, as he proves with the shrapnel/pin/hot stick.
There apparently was a plane crash from 2-10 years ago on the island by heroin smugglers posing as a pastor and missionaries. Someone also responded to the signal Boone sent out: someone might be looking for them.
Boone is able to transmit to another person that there are survivors of the Oceanic Airlines flight.
Actually, Locke is testing his legs for numbness, a symptom of his former paralysis. If he is able to poke his foot with a burning stick without flinching, we are probably to assume that he is feeling numb again.
The drug that was being smuggled on the crashed plane Boone (Ian Somerhalder) and Locke (Terry O'Quinn) find is heroin---the same that Charlie was addicted to (and Locke knows it). Coincidence? Not on this show.

spookthis

I can't either. My mate and I love to sit around and speculate. Like about the light coming on in the chamber at the end of the show. Any Ideas?