Status of Grey Horse From Park Hall

eazyevans

All,
Thanks to the efforts of SMAWL, a very generous foster family, and I'm sure numerous folks I am not even aware of, "Snowflake" was removed and placed at the foster home yesterday. Feedback is that the horse is thrilled to be at his new home. He is extremely affectionate and soaking up every bit of attention! Amazing that after going through so much that he not only trust but seems to really like people. His new home is full of other barnyard animals so he now has plenty of company.

Although getting him to the foster home is a great accomplishment, it will take lots of TLC to return him to the beautiful horse he once was! If you would like to help, you can send donations to:

SMAWL
PO Box 364
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

Make sure you specify the donation is for the horse.

I will also be working with the foster family and vet to come up with a wish list. If you would like me to contact you with the wish list and a status, please feel free to contact me at originalezevans@hotmail.com.

I am proud to be a member of the horse community.

vr,
Nancy

J

jp2854

I have to agree with you chasey but according to what I read in the Emptyprise it doesn't look like animal control is even going to charge him/her with animal cruelty because they turned the horse over to them and then they turned it over to Smawl. I hope horse is happy with its foster family and gets back to its normal weight and also hope a loving horse family adopts him and he gets other animals to be with instead of all lonely like before.

SMAWL is very good to animals I have to contest to that I adopted 1 cat from them and saw that all the animals they have in there care are very well taken care of so we all know this horse is going to be spoiled by the time he/she is adopted to a loving horse family hopefully with many other horses to keep him/her company

Pegster710

The Pegster
eazyevans said:
All,
Thanks to the efforts of SMAWL, a very generous foster family, and I'm sure numerous folks I am not even aware of, "Snowflake" was removed and placed at the foster home yesterday. Feedback is that the horse is thrilled to be at his new home. He is extremely affectionate and soaking up every bit of attention! Amazing that after going through so much that he not only trust but seems to really like people. His new home is full of other barnyard animals so he now has plenty of company.

Although getting him to the foster home is a great accomplishment, it will take lots of TLC to return him to the beautiful horse he once was! If you would like to help, you can send donations to:

SMAWL
PO Box 364
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

Make sure you specify the donation is for the horse.

I will also be working with the foster family and vet to come up with a wish list. If you would like me to contact you with the wish list and a status, please feel free to contact me at originalezevans@hotmail.com.

I am proud to be a member of the horse community.

vr,
Nancy

You make it sound like he was being neglected - which IS NOT the case. He was abandoned and the people who were the "dumpees" took very good care of him - he ate better than they did. They did the best they could under the circumstances. They, just like the rest of us, are happy that he is in foster care. Too many times - on this forum - judgements are passed without having all of the facts.

Kudos to everyone who helped - and continue to help - with this horse - especially the WONDERFUL family he was originally dumped on...

Pegster710

The Pegster
appyday said:
Pegster.....He was neglected..he looked like shiat. He would have been better off dead...no matter what the case..a call could have been made (phone works both ways) and he could have been given up...How do you sign a horse over that is not legally yours? People do get down...no money..etc..ignorance to needs...and hay/grain is expensive this time of year. I know!. But he should have had help sooner...if you want me to understand better...call me :huggy: I do respect your insite and would like to understand..

I understand how it looks to you, especially. But everyone is not an expert. These people bought some property that had stalls on it. The previous owner rented those stalls. The OWNER of this horse didn't come and get it - they just left it there with nothing! These people did the best they could with their limited knowledge - they are victims, too.

Now, the actual OWNER should be hunted down and SHOT! In each knee first, so they suffer a good long time.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pegster710 said:
But everyone is not an expert. These people bought some property that had stalls on it. The previous owner rented those stalls. The OWNER of this horse didn't come and get it - they just left it there with nothing! These people did the best they could with their limited knowledge -

Are they blind? No, that wouldn't work, because they still would have been able to feel THE BONES STICKING OUT OF THIS POOR HORSE. I have no sympathy for the abuse your friends are going to take over this.

Why do people try to defend losers?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pegster710 said:
I understand how it looks to you, especially. But everyone is not an expert. These people bought some property that had stalls on it. The previous owner rented those stalls. The OWNER of this horse didn't come and get it - they just left it there with nothing! These people did the best they could with their limited knowledge - they are victims, too.

Now, the actual OWNER should be hunted down and SHOT! In each knee first, so they suffer a good long time.
You're kidding, right? If the people didn't know how to handle a horse, they should have given him to someone who could. Did you see the picture of him? That is beyond neglect and personally, I would confront both the owner who left the horse, and the individual(s) who took over the house.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Chasey_Lane said:
You're kidding, right? If the people didn't know how to handle a horse, they should have given him to someone who could. Did you see the picture of him? That is beyond neglect and personally, I would confront both the owner who left the horse, and the individual(s) who took over the house.

Won't somebody think of the idiots? :bawl: :bawl:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pegster710 said:
WONDERFUL family he was originally dumped on...
Yes, that WONDERFUL (or as I would like to call them: ######## family) for furthering the neglect of the poor horse. Kudos to your friends for aiding in his not-so-good well being!

Pegster710

The Pegster
Everyone has their own opinion... I respect that. Please sign your :RED: - I won't bite you for it. And I did not tell any lies - whoever you are - coward.

There are FACTS that everyone isn't aware of. Quit trying to be judge - just help the horse now that SMAWL has him... Put your money where your mouth is.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pegster710 said:
There are FACTS that everyone isn't aware of. Quit trying to be judge
I find it very, very sad that you don't think your "friends" have any blame to this when they watched this horse's health diminish.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pegster710 said:
Everyone has their own opinion... I respect that. Please sign your :RED: - I won't bite you for it. And I did not tell any lies - whoever you are - coward.

There are FACTS that everyone isn't aware of. Quit trying to be judge - just help the horse now that SMAWL has him... Put your money where your mouth is.

FACT: The people claiming to care for this horse should have admitted defeat long before SMAWL was brought into this. Any idiot that can't see that an animal is wasting away before their very eyes and have it seen by a vet, or try to find a home with someone who does know what they're doing, deserves more than ridicule and insults.

Pegster710

The Pegster
Chasey_Lane said:

So, who's stopping you? Confront EVERYONE... :whip:

What did you do to help the horse - or the family for that matter? What are you doing now?

:peace: It's time to let it go - and be thankful that the horse is getting what he needs from people who know how to handle him.

I'm making a donation to SMAWL for him - and I challenge all of you to do the same.