DOT Orders Modifications

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The U.S. Department of Transportation has issued an order to automakers requiring them to relocate headlamp dimmer switches to the driver's side floor adjacent to the interior cowling. The reason for the change is to prevent accidents caused by SMIBs getting their feet tangled in the steering wheel.

morganj614

Railroad said:
The U.S. Department of Transportation has issued an order to automakers requiring them to relocate headlamp dimmer switches to the driver's side floor adjacent to the interior cowling. The reason for the change is to prevent accidents caused by SMIBs getting their feet tangled in the steering wheel.

Railroad, I am sorry you have insomnia. I SEE what it does to you.
Does this help? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
Are you sleepy yet?:biggrin:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
morganj614 said:
Railroad, I am sorry you have insomnia. I SEE what it does to you.
Does this help? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
Are you sleepy yet?:biggrin:
Sorry - there was a full moon in here last night. :lmao:

Pete

Repete
I actually liked the dimmer switch down there better. I vote to move it back where it belongs !!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Pete said:
I actually liked the dimmer switch down there better. I vote to move it back where it belongs !!
I don't know, I've gotten used to the new arrangement (well I guess it's not new anymore). But it was a whole lot easier to operate the dimmer switch by foot; I think my reaction time in dimming the lights was faster with the foot switch.

morganj614

Railroad said:
I don't know, I've gotten used to the new arrangement (well I guess it's not new anymore). But it was a whole lot easier to operate the dimmer switch by foot; I think my reaction time in dimming the lights was faster with the foot switch.

I have enough going on with my feet..gas, brake, clutch
:getdown:
and the car dancing...

Last edited:

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
For those of you too young to know....the headlight dimmer switch used to be located on the driver's side floor way over to the left and your high/low beams used to be controlled by stepping on that switch....(I guarantee someone is looking at this thread and wondering WTF?..I don't get it...)

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I liked the "stomper" switch too, but if they switched back you would have many going for the hand dimmer, ripping off the turn signal lever or constantly repositioning their steeringwheel.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Voter2002 said:
For those of you too young to know....the headlight dimmer switch used to be located on the driver's side floor way over to the left and your high/low beams used to be controlled by stepping on that switch....(I guarantee someone is looking at this thread and wondering WTF?..I don't get it...)
:ohwell: Remember driving around one night less than sober and realizing I was steping on that switch instead of the clutch when I shifted gears. Couldn't figure out why the lights were changing every time I shifted :killingme

morganj614

aps45819 said:
:ohwell: Remember driving around one night less than sober and realizing I was steping on that switch instead of the clutch when I shifted gears. Couldn't figure out why the lights were changing every time I shifted :killingme

The world is a much safer place without APS drinking. :yay:

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
aps45819 said:
...and why the headlights were making a grinding noise everytime you shifted???