Affordable horse boarding

pupseeker

I want to know of any 'affordable' horse boarding in Calvert County. Is under $200/month ridiculous? I really don't know; I've never boarded before; I do not know the going rates for this rural area. I live on my own farm in Prince Frederick, so the closer to Prince Frederick the better. I am looking for a place with board fencing. My fencing is wire but I am interested in an ottb and do not want to find out if he would respect the fencing or simply forget it is there when romping. The facility could be a small private farm that rents out a couple of stalls or a larger operation, as long as the barn and pastures are safe and there is a riding area, preferably with some jumps, or would allow me to set up my own. It would be short term boarding for only 5 months. The gelding has been off the track for years and is not hot, but he has never been fenced with wire. Oh, I prefer full board, but if a barn very near me is interested in a working arrangement, I will consider it. I am 20 years old and have been trained in classical dressage for 10 years. I worked for a year and a half as a professional rider and groom in California. I have experience schooling horses, instructing young riders, and managing barns. I offer any and all of these services to a local working arrangement.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I think the average is about $200-300 per month for full and $50-75 below for just field. Check this area for pricing; it was just discussed a week or so ago.

fredsaid2

The Equiery has a list of stables in Maryland. That will give you a start on your search. You'll have a lot of options being in Prince Fred, look at PG and AA counties too. Good Luck!