SMAWL Animal Fair

BarbinMD

:popcorn: On May 21st, 2005, 9am-5pm, we will be holding the first Annual SMAWL Animal Fair at the St. Mary’s County Fair Grounds. The purpose of the fair is to create interest and generate support for the local animal welfare and rescue groups and their supporting industries.

We plan to have representatives from animal rescue groups, 4-H, veterinarians, pet shops, groomers, dog trainers, farms, pet sitters, crafters, vendors, and more. There will be pet shows and contests, music, children’s activities and lots of food.

Upon request, a copy of our flyer will be emailed/mailed for your distribution. I have attached a poster to his email. A catalog will be created for distribution at the fair listing all participants. Larger ads will be available for a fee (See attached contract).

You or your organization can join us by registering to be a vendor, advertising in our fair catalog, and/or choosing to be an event sponsor.

Since both indoor and outdoor facilities are available, the Animal Fair will be held regardless of the weather. Please plan to bring your family, pets included, out for a day of fun.

If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me at the email below.

trailsendpetsitting@att.net

Barbara Whipkey
:popcorn:

Last edited:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Thanks for the info!!!

I read "Please plan to bring your family out for a day of fun"...

Do you discourage bringing pets as this is the first annual and want to avoid any aggressive behavior? Or do you encourage families to bring their pets so that the vendors can have hands on discussions with you about future endeavors?

TIA,
VV

BarbinMD

Animals welcome and invited!!!

Thank you for asking. PLEASE bring your animal. There will be animal contests and pagents for them also. Info. on the contests will be posted on our website soon. www.smawl.org

We hope to make this a huge community event to benefit the homeless pets! We will have lots of fun stuff to do!

K

Katie

BarbinMD said:
Thank you for asking. PLEASE bring your animal. There will be animal contests and pagents for them also. Info. on the contests will be posted on our website soon. www.smawl.org

We hope to make this a huge community event to benefit the homeless pets! We will have lots of fun stuff to do!

I will bring Mr. Tugger's. He will have a blast. :lol:

nawty1

Poker Shark
Any other forumites coming to this? The band I work with is playing at it, so drop by and say "hey" to me (the blonde carrying music gear and trying to keep my 2 boys in check). I couldn't make it to the last lunch cuz some youngin' sideswiped my car. Really wanna put faces with the avatars! My 6 year old said he is gonna bring home ALL the animals...should be interesting!!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Will the various groups offer pet adoption at this event? Will some of the homeless pets be on display for interaction with those in attendance?

nawty1

Poker Shark
Oz said:
Will the various groups offer pet adoption at this event? Will some of the homeless pets be on display for interaction with those in attendance?

This was on the flyer so I am assuming they will have adoptables there.

Pet adoptions
Rescue groups
Pet pageant: Enter your pet!
K-9 agility demos
Kids entertainment
4-H equine events/contests
Pet portraits
Silent auction
A performance by the Southern Maryland Drill Team
Tack Sale by Greenwell Stables

nikkirpts

So... how did it turn out i was in ocean city, so couldn't make it :(:( but maybe the next even i have a 10 month old pug (fawn)

nawty1

Poker Shark
It was GREAT! My kids got their sugar and fuzzy wuzzy fix! I was heartbroken at the end of the day though....wish I could have taken all the animals home!

K

Katie

It was fun, and my fur kids had a blast. Tuggy and Gidget slept for almost two days straight. We are waiting to hear on Gidget's new family!!

Gidget is our foster dog, and was up for adoption!

nawty1

Poker Shark
Hope it works out for her! What type of doggie is she? Alot of applications were put in on adoptees that day...sooooo many cuties to pick from!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
jwwb2000 said:
My kiddos and pugger had a great time :yay: I just wish people would be more supportive of this type of event!

I get the feeling that they don't have a lot of money to make people aware of events like that. Sounded neat but I couldn't go either.

K

Katie

nawty1 said:
Hope it works out for her! What type of doggie is she? Alot of applications were put in on adoptees that day...sooooo many cuties to pick from!

She is a terrier cross, and very sweet. She is a total lovebug. She and Tuggy play all the time!!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Katie said:
It was fun, and my fur kids had a blast. Tuggy and Gidget slept for almost two days straight. We are waiting to hear on Gidget's new family!!

Gidget is our foster dog, and was up for adoption!

Is that your Tuggy on the front page of today's Southern Maryland Extra in the Washington Post?

K

Katie

Oz said:
Is that your Tuggy on the front page of today's Southern Maryland Extra in the Washington Post?

Yes it is as a matter of fact!

Isn't he handsome!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Katie said:
Yes it is as a matter of fact!

Isn't he handsome!!

Yes! Awesome dog! I had a German Shep/Black Lab mix (RIP) and your pooch reminded me of her. Very cute, with a smiling face.