Women building a motorcycle shaped to fit

dustin

UAIOE
Looks like any other custom chopper EXCEPT for the longer reach handlebars.

Any custom builder has skills. But if you want to stand out you've got to do something noone else is. And it seems everyone and their brother is building "custom" bikes these days :ohwell:

RoseRed said:
Nope. Next big purchase will be a new home. :twitch:
There're two for sale in my neighborhood (Lettie Dent school district). What area are you looking at, price range, time frame?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
huntr1 said:
There're two for sale in my neighborhood (Lettie Dent school district). What area are you looking at, price range, time frame?

Hollywood / California area. Want to keep the chick at Hollywood Elementary.

Already pre-qualified and $ in the bank. Just waiting patiently until something comes available. It'll be awhile I am sure. :ohwell:

RoseRed said:
Hollywood / California area. Want to keep the chick at Hollywood Elementary.

Already pre-qualified and $ in the bank. Just waiting patiently until something comes available. It'll be awhile I am sure. :ohwell:
Yep, I'm too far north for ya. School stability is good. I had a girl that I went to school with from Pre-School all the way thru sitting one behind the other at college graduation. She's one of the very few people I grew up with that I keep in any kind of touch with.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dustin said:

Any custom builder has skills. But if you want to stand out you've got to do something noone else is. And it seems everyone and their brother is building "custom" bikes these days :ohwell:
And 90% of them aren't custom builders, or custom assemblers.. they go buy all these "custom" parts which are one in a batch of a thousand, and then bring them into a garage and bolt them together.. walla another CUSTOM creation..

Frames from one comapny, tanks from another, seat from yet a nother, a crated motor.. OK, I got it, they are custom PAINTERS!! And some MAY do their own handlebars.. but most of those come pre-fabricated too.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dustin said:

This company looks like they've actually done a lot of actual work. They've re-worked the frame to get the seat height a lot lower.. pegs are closer to the bottom of the seat.. Would like to see an average (5'8") woman sitiing on it to see how it looks!

dustin

UAIOE
itsbob said:
This company looks like they've actually done a lot of actual work. They've re-worked the frame to get the seat height a lot lower.. pegs are closer to the bottom of the seat.. Would like to see an average (5'8") woman sitiing on it to see how it looks!

I've seen women 5'5" riding a stock 883 sportster with no problem. I don't see why one would need a seat lower than that. As long as your toes touch youre ok.

.....and you just want to see a chick sitting on a bike....:lol:

check out http://www.sportsbikerider.com/pictures.php?type=umbrella&makepage=0
Should be work safe...

Chief Jeff

Graphic Artist
huntr1 said:
But sometimes they want a bike a little different than an 883 Sportster Huggster.

I mentioned it in another post, I know small women 5' who can handle an indian chief, huge bike... i believe its all in the mind.... ride the bike you want, i few minor adjustments to any bike and you can ride it...