Horse Riding Lessons

mrweb

Iron City
I am looking for a place to send a 14 year old for riding lessons in the Southern Calvert/Lusby area. I found a place a month ago, they said they would be starting again in April and would call. I called the owner back two weeks ago, they said the instructor herself would call, didn't happen. I called again last week and was told the instructor would call that day or the next, didn't happen, which in my book translates into they either don't want or don't need my business. That's OK; I don't have a problem going somewhere else. I don't know much about horses, styles of riding, etc. I just want to get this kid some horse care & maintenance and riding exposure with someone who knows what they are doing.

I searched the forums and classifieds but it didn't help much. Anyone with any suggestions other than the Yellow Pages and a dart?

B

baswm

My daughter is taking riding lessons from Reverie Acres {410-495-7605 }in Port Republic. It is located on Parkers Creek road.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrweb

Iron City
baswm said:
My daughter is taking riding lessons from Reverie Acres {410-495-7605 }in Port Republic. It is located on Parkers Creek road.

Port Republic wouldn't be too bad distance-wise. Thanks, I'll check it out. White Plains is way to far but thanks anyway Mag.

mrweb

Iron City
appyday said:
Can I ask where this was...I have made several calls to a certain place and have not gotten calls back either...
I pm'd you with the information.

fredsaid2

Genesis Farms runs a lesson program, they are located in your area off Mill Bridge Road. Fairweather Farm is running a lesson program out of Fresh Meadows off Hunting Creek Road in Huntingtown. Rose Farm is in St Leonard off Mackall Road. Freedom’s Rein is just across the bridge in St. Mary’s. An excellent source of information is The Equiery , look under Directories / Riding & Boarding Stables. They have a break down by county. You’ll find phone number for the barns above and a bunch more. Good Luck!

mrweb

Iron City
fredsaid2 said:
Genesis Farms runs a lesson program, they are located in your area off Mill Bridge Road. Fairweather Farm is running a lesson program out of Fresh Meadows off Hunting Creek Road in Huntingtown. Rose Farm is in St Leonard off Mackall Road. Freedom’s Rein is just across the bridge in St. Mary’s. An excellent source of information is The Equiery , look under Directories / Riding & Boarding Stables. They have a break down by county. You’ll find phone number for the barns above and a bunch more. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info and lots of it! Lets see if we can't get rid of some of that red. :yay:

ceo_pte

I got someone that is good. She rides alot and I am pretty sure she gives lessons as well. Let me know and i'll send you some contact information.