place for brake pads

marianne

Can anyone recommend a place in Charles County to get brake pads replaced on a Maxima?
Normally I would just flip through those Value coupons that come every so often in the mail but I really need to get my brakes done ASAP and can't wait. Also, need my tranny fluid flushed - I can do that at Jiffy Lub for $90 or wherever I go to get the brakes done.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
marianne said:
Can anyone recommend a place in Charles County to get brake pads replaced on a Maxima?
Normally I would just flip through those Value coupons that come every so often in the mail but I really need to get my brakes done ASAP and can't wait. Also, need my tranny fluid flushed - I can do that at Jiffy Lub for $90 or wherever I go to get the brakes done.
I know a good place in Brandywine. Adams Fleet Service, Right by Brandywine Fire Dept. on 381

willie

Your other post gives me the impression you possibly work on your own car, although the Chitlins reference does make me wonder :lmao: Anyway....Atozone has cheap, good pads and if you wear them out early like one of my family members, the replacements are free. No questions asked.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
willie said:
Your other post gives me the impression you possibly work on your own car, although the Chitlins reference does make me wonder :lmao: Anyway....Atozone has cheap, good pads and if you wear them out early like one of my family members, the replacements are free. No questions asked.
Typically front brake pads are an easy change, hardest part is getting the jack and tools out. Usually any parts store like autozone will have cheap pads. If you want to do it yourself they should have a book for your car that tells you how. Or I'm sure you could offer someone dinner for a brake job

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
willie said:
Auto Zone has cheap, good pads and if you wear them out early like one of my family members, the replacements are free. No questions asked.

:yeahthat:

ALL of their brake pads are lifetime warranty parts.......DO NOT buy the expensive ones, they will eat your rotors!!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
willie said:

I think the chitlins reference was intentional. Did you mean to say Atozone? :lol:

Pegster710

The Pegster
Magnum said:
Typically front brake pads are an easy change, hardest part is getting the jack and tools out. Usually any parts store like autozone will have cheap pads. If you want to do it yourself they should have a book for your car that tells you how. Or I'm sure you could offer someone dinner for a brake job

Please tell me who would take dinner for a brake job??? There might just be a taker here!

:dance:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Pegster710 said:
Please tell me who would take dinner for a brake job??? There might just be a taker here!

:dance:
I'm sure lots of guys would. I would but I don't even have the time to maintain my vehicles. I just did the brakes on my Blazer last week and I had the parts for two months. Still have to build a bumper, put headers on it, change exhaust, put new carb on it, change the oil in the Blazer, Magnum and little car, change from wheel bearing on little car, Grease the Blazer. The bad the is I still have a chore list from my GF that I have got to start working on sometime. Not to mention the Robot I am trying to find time to build.

marianne

willie said:
Your other post gives me the impression you possibly work on your own car, although the Chitlins reference does make me wonder :lmao: QUOTE]

Now ya'll made me look up the car book and the definition of chitlins when I wanted to be lazy. The book is Chiltons. Chitlins is pig intestines. :ohwell: Close enough.

I used to work on my Miata but that was a lifetime ago. These days I can't spend half an hour getting much of anything accomplished because my kids are too little. Another couple years and I'll get back into it.
In the meantime, I'll give that place in Brandywine a call.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
marianne said:
willie said:
Your other post gives me the impression you possibly work on your own car, although the Chitlins reference does make me wonder :lmao: QUOTE]

Now ya'll made me look up the car book and the definition of chitlins when I wanted to be lazy. The book is Chiltons. Chitlins is pig intestines. :ohwell: Close enough.

I used to work on my Miata but that was a lifetime ago. These days I can't spend half an hour getting much of anything accomplished because my kids are too little. Another couple years and I'll get back into it.
In the meantime, I'll give that place in Brandywine a call.
They do great work, I have seen them do alot of custom work that most places can't or won't do. I know the guys there so they helped me out with my Blazer, Lot of customizing due to rust