Hey Dems - kitty tick thread

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Is Frontline a collar? We used some kind of drops before that you dribble down kitty's back, but I can't remember if that was for ticks. I don't want anything that will hurt her or Boy Kitty (sometimes he licks her), but I don't want ticks in my house!!! So tell me everything you know, please. :snacks:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's some flea and tick pill that you give your cat that either makes their blood not taste good or kills ticks and fleas that try and feed on them, I don't remember which. Ask your vet about it.

K

Kizzy

Giving a cat a pill or medicine of any sort is a major major major PITA. :lmao:

I'd have to opt for the collar.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kizzy said:
Giving a cat a pill or medicine of any sort is a major major major PITA.
My cats do okay with pills - I just put on my kevlar bodysuit and tackle them down. What they DON'T do is lick the hairball remedy off their paws like they're supposed to. They just run around the house and wipe it on the carpet.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
My cats do okay with pills - I just put on my kevlar bodysuit and tackle them down. What they DON'T do is lick the hairball remedy off their paws like they're supposed to. They just run around the house and wipe it on the carpet.
:lmao: We have to sedate Girl Kitty before she goes to the vet. It takes both of us to shove that pill down her throat and it usually comes back up a few times, but it's so much fun to watch her try to walk once it kicks in.

We started giving them Iams Weight Control Hairball formula. I don't think the Weight Control part works, but the Hairball half kicks butt. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I use Frontline on all four of my cats. Flea collars aren't worth a crap. It works very well and is relatively easy to use because the cat thinks you're petting it.

fddog

Bow wow
cattitude said:
I use Frontline on all four of my cats. Flea collars aren't worth a crap. It works very well and is relatively easy to use because the cat thinks you're petting it.
hey cat
my kitten has been sneezing for two days. Do cats have allergies?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Frontline is the one with the drops you put down her back?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
fddog said:
hey cat
my kitten has been sneezing for two days. Do cats have allergies?
Interestingly, they can. How old is it? Respiratory viruses are quite common in cats, too. Just keep an eye on her...if her eyes or nose is running. Cats are really good at hiding illnesses.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Interestingly, they can. How old is it? Respiratory viruses are quite common in cats, too. Just keep an eye on her...if her eyes or nose is running. Cats are really good at hiding illnesses.
While we were working on our kitchen, Eddie sneezed constantly. The vet said it was probably a dust allergy and gave him some pink stuff and the sneezing stopped.

fddog

Bow wow
cattitude said:
9 months old, I haven't seen any draining around the eyes or nose. Thanks i'll keep an eye on him.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
AC/DC said:
I use Advantix, kills fleas, ticks AND skeeters........:whip:
I think Advantix is only for dogs. The version for kitties is Advantage, which doesn't control ticks. I use Frontline Plus on my kitties which kills ticks and fleas.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
jazz lady said:
I think Advantix is only for dogs. The version for kitties is Advantage, which doesn't control ticks. I use Frontline Plus on my kitties which kills ticks and fleas.

Gotcha....:yay: I have a cat........somewhere. :ohwell:

:lmao:

D

dems4me

cattitude said:

:yeahthat:

Frontline is a drop... you open a tube, squeeze it out while rubbing the back of their necks and the fleas and ticks are gone for about 3 months. No fuss with pills, collars, no nothing. One of my top 10 inventinos!!!