Tree Cutting / Removal??

benscamaro

Looking to have about 8 Poplar trees located in my front yard cut down and the stumps removed. Does anyone know of a particular company in Somd that is highly recommended?? I Live in Brandywine (charles county). Thanks for any help.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
benscamaro said:
Looking to have about 8 Poplar trees located in my front yard cut down and the stumps removed. Does anyone know of a particular company in Somd that is highly recommended?? I Live in Brandywine (charles county). Thanks for any help.
We use Bayforest tree service. Jimmy Cullison. A more honest man you won't find anywhere else. Fair pricing also.

Last edited:
benscamaro said:
Where are they Located?
VERY important question. Many will not travel from St. Mary's or Calvert to Brandywine, atleast not when we were looking to have some cut a couple years ago.

Suz

huntr1 said:
VERY important question. Many will not travel from St. Mary's or Calvert to Brandywine, atleast not when we were looking to have some cut a couple years ago.
Here's the answer! They are located south of the park on 235 and I think Jimmy will go up there. Doesn't hurt to ask - expecially for his prices!!

Suz' said:
Here's the answer! They are located south of the park on 235 and I think Jimmy will go up there. Doesn't hurt to ask - expecially for his prices!!
Heck no, a phone call is only a couple pennies, and gets you more information at the very least. Never hurts to try.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Bay Forest Tree Service 301-862-3248. Jimmy will give you a lot better price than anyone else you can find. After Isabel insurance companies were calling him because he wasn't gouging like other tree removal services. Generous to a fault.

Suz

kom526 said:
Bay Forest Tree Service 301-862-3248. Jimmy will give you a lot better price than anyone else you can find. After Isabel insurance companies were calling him because he wasn't gouging like other tree removal services. Generous to a fault.
:duh: copy cat! :neener:

LOL

benscamaro

kom526 said:

Just gave them a call, they do not travl up to Brandywine. :ohwell:

zimmie

A-1, the guy (Don)) came to my house on a moments notice, he's half the price of others and lives 10 minutes from Brandywine

Trumpet

Reviving the thread here...So who did you end up going with? We're in Brandywine as well and bought our first house. We have 14 sweet gum trees in the back we want to get rid of. I've received a couple estimates and the best one was from Chainsaw Whiz Tree Service for $3300 :doh: He said the big cost for me would be hauling all the wood back to LaPlata.

Does ANYONE have any ideas? Whoever does it must be insured.

Thanks
Rich

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Reviving the thread here...So who did you end up going with? We're in Brandywine as well and bought our first house. We have 14 sweet gum trees in the back we want to get rid of. I've received a couple estimates and the best one was from Chainsaw Whiz Tree Service for $3300 :doh: He said the big cost for me would be hauling all the wood back to LaPlata.

Does ANYONE have any ideas? Whoever does it must be insured.

Thanks
Rich

We've used St. Mary's Tree Service in the past and they have been the lowest. I'm not sure if they are insured.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Do you know if they'll come up here?

:shrug: I imagine he'll go just about anywhere to make a buck. Tell him you got a lower price than what he quotes you and he'll drop his price even more. I have to warn ya, though, he's a bit gruff at times. He also has a really cool stump grinder.

Do you know if they'll come up here?

Probably. They are the most entertaining to watch also. They use old time methods instead of modern equipment. This does cause some problems, such as trunk/bark damage to neighboring trees. Keep an eye on what they are trying to do, although he always asked me.

:shrug: I imagine he'll go just about anywhere to make a buck. Tell him you got a lower price than what he quotes you and he'll drop his price even more. I have to warn ya, though, he's a bit gruff at times. He also has a really cool stump grinder.

Yeah, one more thing. If you get the stumps ground put something under the "really cool" stump grinder to catch hydraulic fluid. Makes nice big brown spots in the grass.

Gruff, nah, I walked out to watch them and I though he was going to tell me to go back in the house.:lmao: I told him I was watching. Gotta be firm.