Are you a good tipper?

XOXO17

I am a server in the area and I think that Southern Maryland could use a lesson in tipping. The MINIMUM tip nowadays is 20% not 15% (15% is so ten years ago!)When the cost of living goes up for you-it goes up for us servers too! You should tip the minumum for good service.You should tip MORE for great service--and don't be so quick to say"there goes her tip" If there are problems with your food, it is not the servers fault! As long as your server trys to correct the situation as best they can they have done their job.There are also times when you should tip a little extra...

1. When you are finished eating and you and your party stay and talk forever. Your server could have made more money off that table had it been available.

2.When your child throws huge amounts of food on the floor.( and please NO MORE cheerios for babies-they get everywhere)

Please do not let your children run wild through the restaurant,color on tables and walls,empty sugar packets and S&P on the table. Its rude..you wouldn't let them behave like that at your hosts home would you? Remember to say Please and Thank you. Realize that your server is human and will make mistakes and forget things from time to time. Also realize that just because you frequent a place regularly does not mean you own the place, or are more important than other customers-their money is green just like yours!

Last edited:

XOXO17

I can't say..if it got back to my manager...I'd be fired. All I can say is that its not a chain restaurant.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I tip well if I get good service. Bad service should not be rewarded with 20%. If my server ignores me, she/he gets 15%. If she/he is rude, they get 15%. Yes, serving is your job, and those tips are your income, but damn, put on a smile and work for that tip, and people will be more apt to lay down the cash.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
XOXO17 said:
I can't say..if it got back to my manager...I'd be fired. All I can say is that its not a chain restaurant.

Why would you be fired because of complaining about how people tip and by not slamming the establishment?

Mikeinsmd

RoseRed said:
Maybe your service sucks and you should find a new line of work.
:yeahthat: And WHO decided minimum is 20% nowadays?? I will decide what your tip is worth!! The cost of eating out has risen with inflation and your tip is based on the cost of the meal, therefore rising also. You want to make more money? Get an education & get another job!! You don't like cheerios on the floor? Get another job!! If I want to stay and talk, I will and you won't do a thing about it!! Servers with attitude like yours are most likely the poorest tipped!! :jet: It's a free country, find other work! :loser:

XOXO17

I totally agree. I never said bad service should be rewarded. If my server is rude they get 5%! Sometimes you bend over backwards for people and they say" oh, you were great" and hand you $10 on a $100 bill!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
XOXO17 said:
I totally agree. I never said bad service should be rewarded. If my server is rude they get 5%! Sometimes you bend over backwards for people and they say" oh, you were great" and hand you $10 on a $100 bill!

They can't help it if they are cheapskates. Suck it up and grow a set. It is the nature of the business.

Mikeinsmd

XOXO17 said:
because I'm "representing" the restaurant per se. thats the way management would look at it anyway.
Ummmmm.......... you're doing a lousy job!! :tipdecreasingwitheverypost: :nomoney:

XOXO17

You obviously never worked in the service industry...and you are probably the sort of cheap guy we hate!

K

Kizzy

Mikeinsmd said:
:yeahthat: And WHO decided minimum is 20% nowadays?? I will decide what your tip is worth!! The cost of eating out has risen with inflation and your tip is based on the cost of the meal, therefore rising also. You want to make more money? Get an education & get another job!! You don't like cheerios on the floor? Get another job!! If I want to stay and talk, I will and you won't do a thing about it!! Servers with attitude like yours are most likely the poorest tipped!! :jet: It's a free country, find other work! :loser:

:clap: I waited tables for years and years and it all balances out. I was only stiffed one time, and I totally expected that. I was the only waitress in the there that night, and it so busy, the people had to wait and wait. It just so happened that there was some function at Budd's Creek that night and nearly every table was full and only myself and the manager. I was stuck there nearly 4 hours after the place closed cleaning up too.

XOXO17

they can help it..I think some people don't realize how cheap they are. Im just trying to get them to open thier eyes.

Mikeinsmd

XOXO17 said:
You obviously never worked in the service industry...and you are probably the sort of cheap guy we hate!
Let me tell you something you sniveling little twit!! When I get good service, I tip a minimum of 20%. You obviously have a lot to learn about the REAL world!! You're not entitled to anything!! You have to earn your pay just like everyone else!! I know servers have a difficult job and it's hard work but I've seen good ones and I've seen bad ones. I believe with the attitude you've displayed on here that you are a lousy server who believes they are entitled to good tips when in fact, you SUCK at your job and are tipped accordingly. Please tell us where you work and when you'll be there. I'd like to decide first hand!! :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Many years ago I used to tend bar and even then you had cheapskates that wouldn't tip at all, or you had to watch out for the drunken retards that would steal tips off the bar.