Still lookin'

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
for something smaller...anyone know of something in the 14h range? Would LOVE a POA...
Or a buckskin Ap or QH? Anyone know what Bill Shumaker may have for sale?
I tried to go see the pony listed on classifieds, but she already had a bunch of folks coming out to see it. :frown: day late and a dollar short.
anyone going to the auction this weekend in CH? Know what's gonna be there?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
You dont have cable..you dont have cable...you wont be able to see it...dern it was a good one too...your loss...

OH and like YOU do? :blahblah:

i can prolly see it it's just taking a long time to download way back here in deese here woods.....

Oh and Melvin wants to come riding :lol:

barncat

What are you looking for, besides being under 14h? What use for the pony? I think I missed the original post.

fredsaid2

There's several locally that fit the under 14h mark (Mechanicsville/Hollywood), at 2k and under on DreamHorse.com. Perhaps you'll find something on their system. Their search feature is nice, you can tailor to pull up only what you're looking for. Good Luck!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
we do trails, strictly. no shows. just camping and trails.
It also has to LIKE people :lol:

Last edited:

barncat

Is the pony for a small adult or a child?

I'm asking because it looks like I might get my Arab back and I'm starting to keep an eye out for a situation for him.

I know you said under 14h and more of a QH or POA type but I didn't know if you were flexible on those things if the horse would meet your your other requirements.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Both an adult and small child. She's 8, but i want it to be something i can ride or put my older daughters on as well IF necessary. What's the deal with your Arab (I have a real soft spot for Arabs - owning an Arappaloosa and all :smile:)

barncat

He's my old competition horse who retired to being a pony club mount when his athritis kept him from the upper levels of eventing. A 13 year old rode him for 2 years and was ready to move on to a horse so I got him back last April. Currently he is with my instructor who uses him for her sons, 11 and 9. I think they are more interested in sports at the moment and I have been informed I might get him back here soon, not positive yet.

He's the most honest horse I have ever met. I've owned him for 14 years so I have no intention of selling him, just free leasing him out to others that need him. He's 16 and very broke but still has some get up and go in him. He's full of personality and very easy to handle. He has a few quirks that I learned to live with, he will always lift his hind legs when you hose them and he will never take a treat politely, but they were not serious offenders so I learned to live with them.

I'm not sure if he is coming back to me or not, I was going to talk to her this weekend and find out. If you are still looking and interested in him I will keep you in mind and let you know how the situation turns out.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
made contact with her on that one, and wanted to go see her last night, but she never got back with me. we're going to see 2 ponies in VA tomorrow night. I may bring them both back. <fingerscrossed>
Barncat if i get these two ponies, I know someone else who would be interested in free leasing your Arab for the kids at her place. let me know if you get him back. i'll pm ya my phone number if you want to call me tomorrow night to see how our visit with the ponies goes.