need photo printing help, please

spinner

I am using an HP image program, photo that I print from the computer come out fine, but photos that I scan will only come out 2"x3" no matter what I do. Anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?

mainman

Set Trippin
spinner said:
I am using an HP image program, photo that I print from the computer come out fine, but photos that I scan will only come out 2"x3" no matter what I do. Anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Are the scanning to a particular size?

also you can print with just about any application on the PC..

Import one of the photos you have scanned into MS Word (or something) and print the photo from that program and see what happens...

spinner

I don't see anything that lets me change the size I am scanning to. I've tried to save it to a file also and it does the same thing. I am missing a bunch of Microsoft programs on my computer so I have to use the HP program. What I want to do is scan photos and print them to 4x6 pictures.

spinner

It doesn't matter if I try to print 4x6 or a full page, I end up with a 2x3 picture. It only does that with the scanned pictures not ones in the computer from a disk.

mingiz

Horse Poor
printing pics from scanner

By default, most scanners scan a document or page as an image. Although this image can be modified or adjusted through an image editor, if the document contains text, that text cannot be changed or inserted into another document. If a user wishes to scan a text document and adjust or modify the text in that document, they must use a software program with OCR capabilities such as Omnipage or Textbridge by ScanSoft. These programs and other programs with these capabilities are available from any major software web page or local software store.

Using these programs, a user would have the ability to scan a document and have that document inserted into a text document that can be edited, changed, or adjusted in any way the user wishes.

You mentioned that you were missing some MS programs this may affect it also.