Dinner

I have made a promise to the DH that I would start cooking more because I really should learn how and eating out is getting expensive. So I made a promise to him that when we moved I would cook more often. My problem is that I don't really know how or what to make. If it doesn't come in a box with directions then I don't make it. So if you would like to support a new wife please post easy and quick recipes for me :smile:. Nothing too fancy as we are just meat and potatoes people. :lol:

Throw some boneless chicken breast in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning and cook until the breasts are done (it's done when meat is solid white all the way thru when you cut the thickest part of one of the breasts). Drain the excess moisture from the pan, poor a jar of chicken gravy over it and heat on low until the gravy is hot. Serve with potatoes, rice or whatever else your heart desires.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
kwillia said:
Throw some boneless chicken breast in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning and cook until the breasts are done (it's done when meat is solid white all the way thru when you cut the thickest part of one of the breasts). Drain the excess moisture from the pan, poor a jar of chicken gravy over it and heat on low until the gravy is hot. Serve with potatoes, rice or whatever else your heart desires.
Throw the boneless breasts in a pan and dump a can of mushroom (chicken or other cream soup) over them, bake 350 for 45 min. Cook egg noodles and spoon the soup over them and the chicken. :yum: very easy.......... and quick

Mikeinsmd said:
Spaghetti...... every new bride knows how to cook spaghetti!!
... and how 'xactly do they suddenly know how to cook spaghetti, Mike...:confused: Mastering the art of a stiff noodle on ones wedding night does not suddenly make them a pasta expert...:shrug:

morganj614

workin hard said:
Please remind Ehesef of this when she is invited to my housewarming cookout. :lol:

I will do that..I'll even tell her which one to get since it looks like she will never move out of momma's house and never have to cook.:lmao:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
The quickest way to learn to cook is to get the cookbook out and start experimenting. That's how I learned-

Although I knew some of the basic's when I got married, I had never done much cooking. Even when I lived on my own prior to meeting my DH. Growing up I always had to help with dinner but the extent of that was setting the table and clearing it. Then doing the dishes with my mom. Now I love to cook. And I'm always looking for something new to try. Especially these days, as both of my son's are rarely home at dinner time.......... Now I'm learning to cook for 2 vs 4 all over again!

morganj614 said:
I will do that..I'll even tell her which one to get since it looks like she will never move out of momma's house and never have to cook.:lmao:
:yay: :lol: Isn't that the truth....

Suz' said:
The quickest way to learn to cook is to get the cookbook out and start experimenting. That's how I learned-

Although I knew some of the basic's when I got married, I had never done much cooking. Even when I lived on my own prior to meeting my DH. Growing up I always had to help with dinner but the extent of that was setting the table and clearing it. Then doing the dishes with my mom. Now I love to cook. And I'm always looking for something new to try. Especially these days, as both of my son's are rarely home at dinner time.......... Now I'm learning to cook for 2 vs 4 all over again!
I was never made to cook when I lived at home and I really don't like doing it. I would rather clean it than cook it but I'm willing to make the effort so maybe I will learn to like it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
workin hard said:
I have made a promise to the DH that I would start cooking more because I really should learn how and eating out is getting expensive. So I made a promise to him that when we moved I would cook more often. My problem is that I don't really know how or what to make. If it doesn't come in a box with directions then I don't make it. So if you would like to support a new wife please post easy and quick recipes for me :smile:. Nothing too fancy as we are just meat and potatoes people. :lol:

Is he learning to cook, too? Or is he gonna' make a depression in the sofa while you cook?

K

Katie

www.allrecipes.com

I learned by trial and error. There are somethings that I cook for the first time, and the dog wouldn't even eat it by the time I am done with it. You just burn things, and move on.

elaine said:
Is he learning to cook, too? Or is he gonna' make a depression in the sofa while you cook?
He already does most of the cooking. But if one cooks then the other cleans. So we are going to take turns doing the cooking and cleaning.