I did it!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
After several years of trying to concoct the PERFECT crabcake, last night's entry was THE ONE! The secret ingredient? (drum roll, please)

Toad Sweat Key Lime Dessert Hot Sauce!

It provided a hit of hot, with a bit of lime tang and slight sweetness. Recipe follows:

1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
1 egg
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 T mayonnaise
1 T brown mustard
1 T melted butter
1 T Toad Sweat Key Lime Dessert Hot Sauce
1 tsp parsley flakes
2 tsp Old Bay
1/2 C pulverized Ritz crackers

Mix well everything except the crab and crackers. Stir in crackers. Add crab and mix lightly with your hands so you don't break up the crab lumps. Shape into 3 or 4 rounded cakes - not baseballs but not flat, either. Heat olive oil in a fry pan on medium until hot. Add cakes and fry on both sides until golden brown.

:yum:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
After several years of trying to concoct the PERFECT crabcake, last night's entry was THE ONE! The secret ingredient? (drum roll, please)

Toad Sweat Key Lime Dessert Hot Sauce!

It provided a hit of hot, with a bit of lime tang and slight sweetness. Recipe follows:

1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
1 egg
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 T mayonnaise
1 T brown mustard
1 T melted butter
1 T Toad Sweat Key Lime Dessert Hot Sauce
1 tsp parsley flakes
2 tsp Old Bay
1/2 C pulverized Ritz crackers

Mix well everything except the crab and crackers. Stir in crackers. Add crab and mix lightly with your hands so you don't break up the crab lumps. Shape into 3 or 4 rounded cakes - not baseballs but not flat, either. Heat olive oil in a fry pan on medium until hot. Add cakes and fry on both sides until golden brown.

:yum:
That's almost exactly the recipe I use!. :yum: I'll have to find "Toad Sweat" around somewhere - it's sounds like the perfect seasoning. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
TIGERLILY said:
Where can I find the key lime dessert hot sauce?
That's my new problem. The sauce was a gift from my MIL when she went to Florida last year and she got it in some little shop. But I'm sure there's an online store where I can get some more.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
$5.95 for the bottle and $8.08 for shipping.
Shoot, it would be easier to just send my MIL back to Florida.

Their website said you can buy their stuff on Amazon. Maybe free shipping? :hopeful:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Their website said you can buy their stuff on Amazon. Maybe free shipping? :hopeful:
:tantrum I just did an order through Amazon. You have to order $25 to get free shipping.

Hmmm...wait a minute...I'll bet I can get up to $25 really quickly. :dance: Thanks. :smooch:

Vince

vraiblonde said:
Shoot, it would be easier to just send my MIL back to Florida.

Daughter lives in Florida. I'll have her buy a case and mail it if she can find it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Toad Sweat Key Lime Dessert Hot Sauce

I never did get any of this, but I found Toad Sweat Cranberry Dessert Hot Sauce for $4.99 when I was at Bear Creek BBQ yesterday. Now to figure out what to do with it. :lol:

I think it would make a nice marinade for pork. I picked up some boneless pork chops the other day and am going to try it on them. :yay: