High speed internet access in Lusby

Y

yornoc

I currently live in Lusby (CRE) and was wondering if anyone has the new cable (internet) service provided by Comcast and their opinion.  I've had a bad experience in St. Mary's County...similar to the ones posted on this forum.

I currently use dial up through spearnet.net.  It is very reliable but after all, it is still 56k (actual connection speed is usually in the high 40s to low 50s).

Feedback anyone?

(Edited by yornoc at 4:38 pm on April 1, 2002)

I agree that St. Mary's cable access stinks.  I live on PAS Pax River and had HSA about three years ago and the cable had so many probles that I was being dropped off line.  As always the cable company blamed the problem on HSA.  A year later my old neighbor told me that they replaced the cable box and it fixed the problem.

About Comcast in Lusby.  I just was hooked up on 4/23/02 and it's working great.  Data out= 600+ and data in=725+.  That's including running Norton Firewall and AntiVirus in the background.  I also have my computer on 24/7 and have not had a problem yet.

The modem can be hooked up the USB or a network card.  Data transfers faster on a network card.

Hope this helps.

Y

yornoc

QualityPCRepair on 8:01 am on April 27, 2002[br]I agree that St. Mary's cable access stinks.  I live on PAS Pax River and had HSA about three years ago and the cable had so many probles that I was being dropped off line.  As always the cable company blamed the problem on HSA.  A year later my old neighbor told me that they replaced the cable box and it fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.

How are things now?  Has there been any outages? If yes, how many and for how long?  
If service has been great, then I might just jump in :dude:

(Edited by yornoc at 5:00 pm on April 29, 2002)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
yornoc,

We just got cable internet (in Lusby) on Friday.  So far so good, I guess time will tell. :)

DarbyOhara

Musician
QualityPCRepair on 8:59 am on April 29, 2002[br]Time to just in!  Even during the storm Sunday night access was still fast and I had no problems.

Did you know that you sign your posts with a guys name...
but you icon pic is the same as Sharon's.... Hmmmmm....  lol